PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Event binding delay not being set

BostonMerlin
2 Apr 2012, 10:05 AM
In a controller, I setup an action to listen for the Keyup event of a search field. I set the 'delay' property on the action using the Designers property pane (under EventBindgins) but it's not being set in the code so no delay is happening. The event works, firing my code to spit out a message to the console, but there is no delay.

Designer: 341

Thanks
John

aconran
2 Apr 2012, 10:24 AM
There are a handful of configurations which are not supported in Controller Actions but are supported in Basic Event Bindings. These are things like single, buffer, delay, etc.

They should be removed as they are not supported.

aconran
4 Apr 2012, 8:51 PM
Single, buffer, delay and element will all be removed in the next build (> 360).

BostonMerlin
4 Apr 2012, 8:51 PM
Thanks for following up. John

BostonMerlin
6 Oct 2012, 7:19 AM
FYI, I'm running SA 2.1.0 build: 640 and those controller action configs are still showing up as an option. Hoping 'delay' worked, I gave it another try. It doesn't.

If I want to maintain consistency with my other controller references, is there any way, within a controller, to monitor a keyup event with a delay or buffer config set? or do I have to add this event bind on the view where my textfield is?

Thanks,
John

iplanit
8 Oct 2012, 3:34 AM
That means that we will not be able to use "buffer" in our event bindings in views ?

Single, buffer, delay and element will all be removed in the next build (> 360).

BostonMerlin
8 Oct 2012, 3:44 AM
Works fine in your views just not in your controllers