PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Build 355, No Changes Detected

SButts
2 Apr 2012, 4:53 PM
Now when I change my code the system never ask to save before exiting, or deploying. I have checked the settings and "Disable Prompt to Save on Deploy" is not checked.

Also noticed that when changes are made the '*' doesn't appear in the title bar. Would assume this is because the change in the code has not been detected.

Have I missed something? Is there something I need to do after updating to the new version (the system said the conversion was completed).

SButts
2 Apr 2012, 8:01 PM
Looks like I am the only one. Is this working correctly for everyone else? I must have done something wrong then.

pev
3 Apr 2012, 8:24 AM
Having the same issue. As a result, if you deploy by copy, the resulting code does not reflect the changes. Also the code editor is now just gray text without color coded tokens. Horrible to read. Like to get back to the previous build.

peter

pev
3 Apr 2012, 8:26 AM
just checked the metadata, see all changes there correct. But the code generated does not reflect them.
peter

aconran
3 Apr 2012, 8:41 AM
Also the code editor is now just gray text without color coded tokens. Horrible to read.

Go to the settings and set a preference for the "Code Editor Theme" on the Designer tab. This is a bug that there is no default and will be corrected in the next release.

aconran
3 Apr 2012, 8:42 AM
just checked the metadata, see all changes there correct. But the code generated does not reflect them.
peter

What generated files? designer.js/html are no longer the entry point to your application, it is app.html/js. Could this be the problem?

gatherworks
3 Apr 2012, 11:24 AM
I have seen the same issue once. Code was edited, but the * did not show in the title bar. When I quit the app, the changes were lost.

After I restarted Designer, I could not recreate the issue anymore. Will keep an eye for it.

SButts
3 Apr 2012, 3:05 PM
Thanks for the replies, at least I know I am not going crazy. Now I just need to figure out what is going on with my machine.

I just checked my Designer again, after rebooting my system, same issue. I am accessing the correct app.html file, the change I am making is in one of the controllers.

Phil.Strong
4 Apr 2012, 6:53 AM
Can you give us exact steps to reproduce the issue?
e.g.

New touch project
Add a controller
do ....

gatherworks
4 Apr 2012, 7:03 AM
I am not able to recreate this, but it happened once only. If I find more details, I will be sure to pass them along.

gatherworks
4 Apr 2012, 1:16 PM
Ok - I found a way to recreate the issue.

Make sure your project is saved (no * in the title bar). Now double click on the launch item in the property inspector (just below application). Now make changes to your launch function and then quit Designer (Apple Q).

It quits without saving your work or warning you.

SButts
4 Apr 2012, 5:08 PM
I am currently on the road, I just converted an older project to the latest build (360?) and am experiencing the same results, here is the backup file. Let me know if this helps.

aconran
5 Apr 2012, 2:39 PM
Thanks for the bug reports and reproducible test cases. This will be fixed in 362+.