PDA

View Full Version : this.app.getDesktop() from iframe

philance
2 Apr 2012, 10:03 PM
Bros,

I am using web desktop. In one of the windows, I need to use iframe. In that iframe, I want to create new Window.

var desktop = parent.app.getDesktop();
var editcustomerwin = desktop.getWindow('editcustomerwin');
if(!editcustomerwin){
editcustomerwin = desktop.createWindow({

parent.app is undefined. What can I do to getDesktop()? Thx a lot in advance for your help.

Rgds,

JambaFun
3 Apr 2012, 12:28 AM
Dear philance,

Have you copied the Web Desktop example straight off and are now trying to modify it without understanding anything about ExtJS? That's sure what your question implies and sorry, but this won't get you very far. If you have a genuine interest in programming I would recommend you start by learing the basics before heading in to the deep waters of a full-fledged UI framework.

philance
4 Apr 2012, 9:12 AM
Dear JambaFun,

That's really Fun, Jamba way.

Just wonder did you study how Javascript was developed and written before you start writing your first "Hello world", or just read the syntax, and jump into the water. Javascript, in the end, is still language only; and programmers, with foundation, just need to quickly go through the syntax and can start "talking". Then slowly they will be fluent in that language.

Same goes with framework. Wonder if you knows what framework means, and why our beloved Extjs programmers must spend a lot of their time and effort to develop it. If it is developed to be used only by those xxx, blinded programmers that always thought they are the best in the world and so narrow-minded that refuse to share or help other, Extjs would never be flourished as it is today.

I, initially, thought that there are only 2 types of members join this forum: the one that is either newbie, noob or have some problem that dun know how to solve; and another is the beloved guru that always ready to contribute and help (like Mitchell Simoens). But looks like there is 3rd type: the one that is creating Fun around the forum in Jamba way.

I intended to correct your writing in a more positive way, but then I understood that I can't compare with you, I shouldn't creating another Fun (in Jamba way).

Farewell ...

JambaFun
5 Apr 2012, 9:17 AM
Sorry for not beating around the bush. I don't have the time.

Here is a great book to get you started: http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-HTML5-Programming-JavaScript/dp/1449390544