PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Beta 2, Build 355, Code view - No longer able to select in code using keys

timmcintyre
3 Apr 2012, 9:33 AM
Hi,
Since the update yesterday, I am now unable to select code using keys in the Code view in Designer 2 Beta Build 355. This used to work fine in previous builds. This is a very usefull feature as I generally use the designer to build screen layouts, however need to then manipulate code externally due to limitations in the designer.

Can this be added back in ?
Cheers

Tim

aconran
3 Apr 2012, 10:14 AM
select code using keys?

Could you explain more? I'm able to use the typical shift, ctrl, etc to do selection.

timmcintyre
3 Apr 2012, 11:58 AM
You used to be able to click in the code window and the cursor would be visible, then you could say hold shift and use the arrows or hit shift and ctrl-shift-pagedown to select to the end from that cursor position

aconran
3 Apr 2012, 4:37 PM
Ah. This was a conscious decision for Read-only mode as we thought it more clearly indicated that users could not edit the code.

I understand why you would want this functionality back though. We will discuss as a team.

timmcintyre
3 Apr 2012, 4:37 PM
thanks .. its probably one of the most useful functions to me as in general I dont need to copy all the code from the code editor. In a perfect world I wouldnt need too however the Designer as cool as it is, just isnt capable of doing everything without manual editing externally sometimes.

would be great if it was maybe an advanced option so at least we could manually enable it

Cheers

Tim

Phil.Strong
4 Apr 2012, 6:51 AM
In a perfect world I wouldnt need too however the Designer as cool as it is, just isnt capable of doing everything without manual editing externally sometimes.

Unrelated to the feature: what are some of the things your having trouble with inside designer? We'd love feedback of this kind.

aconran
12 Apr 2012, 4:21 PM
This will be fixed in the next release.