PDA

View Full Version : Using Ext completely offline / no localhost

bandsitebuilder
3 Apr 2012, 1:34 PM
Sorry if this is a noob-ish question, but is it possible to use the ext framework without any local webserver? I'm looking to have an offline version of the application I'm developing that can run in a web browser.

evant
3 Apr 2012, 3:46 PM
Yes, as long as you're not trying to do any dynamic loading. You may start to run into problems if you need to request data from another source.

bandsitebuilder
4 Apr 2012, 8:16 AM
ahhh.. that was the problem. I'm trying to avoid using a web server AND load in an xml file locally. The AJAX proxy was what my application seemed to be choking on.

Is this possible to use Sencha like this? I'm coming from years of Flex dev and feel like a kid on the first day of school.

Thanks for your help!

Erikvip
4 Apr 2012, 1:11 PM
AJAX does not work without a webserver.

I recently had an issue like this, and I used this package to address that issue -
http://www.server2go-web.de/

It's a self contained web server that will auto run from a CD, this way AJAX will work properly. Although, I'm not sure what kind of server side languages are supported...

bandsitebuilder
4 Apr 2012, 1:14 PM
Thanks.. I'm looking into building a little wrapper app in Mono and I believe I can bundle in a web server. Gonna run a few tests.

Thanks all!