PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Build 360: ""expanded": & "expandedState" should be revision control friendly

guntiso
4 Apr 2012, 5:51 PM
"expanded" and "expandedState" metadata properties create noise in revision control.
Please extract these properties to separate file with special name so that this file can be optionally ignored by version control systems.

aconran
4 Apr 2012, 6:22 PM
Thanks for the bug report. We're aware of this problem.

aconran
28 Apr 2012, 12:32 PM
I came to list a bug/feature request that properties that affect changes in the design view (e.g. Ext.tab.Panel.activeTab, Ext.window.Window.collapsed) should have a separate setting to be used at export time. I want to be able to set the tab that should be open when a window is created without having to make sure it is open in the design view when I save the file.

Is this bug thread related to that?

Joel, no could you open a separate bug thread and give full details as to what the issue is? This bug is that expanded state of whether or not the nodes in the inspector are collapsed/expanded are represented in the metadata files. In the future, this information will be stored in a separate folder so that we can improve the experience of users collaborating when working together on a project. For example, user A doesn't really care that user B has the first top level class collapsed in the inspector, etc.

dfoelber
3 May 2012, 10:03 AM
Hello guntiso,

The two expanded states have been moved to their own file and will be included in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback!