PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] designer.js is not updating in build 360 (critical issue)

gatherworks
5 Apr 2012, 6:51 AM
This is definitely a critical issue that is causing severe challenges.

The content of designer.js is not updated when you make changes that should affect it (and save your project).

Edit application launch function and save it. No impact. If you look at designer.js file, it still old content. If you restart designer, it will still show the modifications in launch function. No new views are added either.

Also, when add models or stores or renaming them, they are not reflected in designer.js file.

Please provide downgrade link and instructions.
Please fix this soon.

aconran
5 Apr 2012, 7:25 AM
designer.js/html are the old files. app.js/html are the new files.

We've kept around designer.js in case you wanted/needed it. You can safely delete it if you would like.

gatherworks
5 Apr 2012, 8:52 AM
That is good to know - thanks. Not sure if it was documented, but it would help if you renamed to something like. designer-replaced-by-app.js I guess then I might have reported a different issue :)

aconran
5 Apr 2012, 9:04 AM
Haha :)

Yes, it was at the top of the release notes when you updated. I also created a thread about some of the other new things you may want to be aware of:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?192647-Designer-2-Build-355-released-4-2-2012-Feedback-wanted!

gatherworks
5 Apr 2012, 9:05 AM
Awesome - thanks! Keep up the great work. That will teach me to read all the release notes.