PDA

View Full Version : Ext 1.0 is getting closer, grid context menu screenshot

jack.slocum
29 Jan 2007, 5:34 PM
The grid is coming along nicely and I predict an official alpha release (and check-in) in the next week or so.

I thought I would show the first component to get built in context menu support, the grid:

http://www.jackslocum.com/blog/images/screenshots/grid-menu.png

There's no cursor in the screenshot because I haven't figured out how to do a screenshot on the Mac that includes the cursor. :(

TommyMaintz
29 Jan 2007, 5:49 PM
it looks amazing...

jon.whitcraft
29 Jan 2007, 6:07 PM
:shock:

I like it. I can't wait to use it!

Keep up the good work man!

beeke
29 Jan 2007, 6:26 PM
cool! :shock: :shock: :shock:

galdaka
29 Jan 2007, 11:42 PM
Your work is incredible. I´d like to know the architecture but thorough to be able help. An excellent work. When arrives 0.40 approximately?

Animal
29 Jan 2007, 11:47 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

That's so cool, you could keep a side of beef on it for 2 months!

rtannert2
30 Jan 2007, 3:44 AM
Jack,

If you're using Grab (in Applications/Utilities), go into Preferences, and select the cursor you want to have displayed in the screenshot. Then choose Capture > Window to capture the window you want to create an excerpt of. Put your cursor where you want it to appear, and take the screenshot. Then use Grab > Selection to make an excerpt of the previous screenshot. A two-step process, very unMac-like, but it works.

Rob

rodiniz
30 Jan 2007, 4:30 AM
That menu look is great !!
Cant wait... is the button + grid (Internet Explorer) bug solved?

Bobafart
30 Jan 2007, 7:00 AM
amazing!

I am naming my first born after you -- boy or girl!

jack.slocum
30 Jan 2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks Rob, I didn't even know about Grab. I was using the standard keyboard shortcuts to capture. That's just what I was looking for. Can it also screenshot into the clipboard so I can paste it into phototshop?

It's taking a bit of getting used to (the Mac) but I am starting to get the hang of it. There are some things that I miss that maybe someone knows a trick for?

- Minimize all windows and then pick one without all of them coming back (f11 shows the desktop, but when you pick one of them they all come back).
- Folders first in Finder?
- I use control + delete A LOT (deletes all whitespace to the next non whitespace char). I have tried control + delete, command + delete, shift + delete and all do nothing. Any ideas on keyboard editing shortcuts?

--

Rodrigo, I don't know what you mean by "button + grid (Internet Explorer) bug". Can you clarify? Thanks.

Preston
30 Jan 2007, 12:39 PM
Sorry I´ve got no experience with Apple computers.;)
But the screenshot let me eagerly wait for the things to come! It looks awesome! :)

vajra
30 Jan 2007, 5:23 PM
WOW! The grid is amazing. You have really taken this to a whole new level. Can't wait until you release the alpha so we can start playing with it ...

:D

webersouza
30 Jan 2007, 7:06 PM
Jack,

That's all really amazing..

:idea: See that: http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

You can create move content!

lstroud
30 Jan 2007, 8:41 PM
on the minimize all windows thing, you may want to look at the hide functionality. under your application's menu, there should be a hide (command+h) and a hide others(option+command+h). I think that it will give you the type of behavoir that you are looking for.

on the delete thing, it is not quite the same, but option + delete seems to do something similar.

hope it helps and thank you for all of the hard work.

LES

rtannert2
31 Jan 2007, 4:18 AM
Thanks Rob, I didn't even know about Grab. I was using the standard keyboard shortcuts to capture. That's just what I was looking for. Can it also screenshot into the clipboard so I can paste it into phototshop?
The Edit > Copy menu item is active after you create a screenshot, so I'm assuming so. I don't have Photoshop any more, so I can't test. You can also save your screenshot to a file, which you can open in Photoshop, of course.

It's taking a bit of getting used to (the Mac) but I am starting to get the hang of it. There are some things that I miss that maybe someone knows a trick for?

- Minimize all windows and then pick one without all of them coming back (f11 shows the desktop, but when you pick one of them they all come back).
lstroud already mentioned command-h, which hides all windows for the current application. It might be tedious, but you could do this for a number of applications, then minimize all of the windows for the app you want to concentrate on except the desired window. Somebody who knows AppleScript could probably give you a script to do most if not all of what you want. That guy is not me. :( I will ask around at work; maybe somebody knows how to do this easily.

- Folders first in Finder?
I don't think I understand what you mean by this. If you're in another app and then select Finder in the Dock, all open Finder windows should appear in front of all other applications' windows.

- I use control + delete A LOT (deletes all whitespace to the next non whitespace char). I have tried control + delete, command + delete, shift + delete and all do nothing. Any ideas on keyboard editing shortcuts?
I jut experimented on a MacBook Pro, and found that shift-option-delete deletes whitespace to the right of the cursor up to the next non-whitespace character on the same line (or to the end of the line). Let me know if that doesn't work on your iMac, and I'll experiment on mine when I get home.

BernardChhun
31 Jan 2007, 5:10 AM
you rock Jack :!:

glassy
31 Jan 2007, 7:16 AM
WOW...
I can't wait to get my hands on the new grid code!

rodiniz
31 Jan 2007, 8:13 AM
Rodrigo, I don't know what you mean by "button + grid (Internet Explorer) bug". Can you clarify? Thanks.
I was talking about if you use a Yui-ext button and a grid the grid headers all become {1}.
[/quote]

tryanDLS
31 Jan 2007, 8:23 AM
That's not the bug that was hotfixed post .33 is it? Did you try re-DLing the .33 zip file - it has a couple files that were patched to fix an IE template bug dated 12/24 as opposed to the rest of the files dated 12/14 or earlier.

hcristea
1 Feb 2007, 5:47 AM
that bug was fixed

Choleriker
10 Feb 2007, 8:33 AM
The grid is coming along nicely and I predict an official alpha release (and check-in) in the next week or so.

Is it available anywhere now?

KimH
12 Feb 2007, 6:38 AM
Jack,

can you lift a corner of the project-plan and say anything about when this API will be released in 1.0? I guess we are many checking this site several times a day now hoping to see a new release. Do you have problems with the last widget? Maybe what is missing is examples? Is it the license model? We'd love to know how everything is going.

What's with this: http://www.rsspieces.com/2006/12/04/rss-pieces-welcomes-jack-slocum ? Do you still have time to update and fix Ext?

Hope everything is fine and that the lack of "voice" is because you're struckling with the last bits and bytes ;-)

By the way... do you know why the DNS information for this site and www.jackslocum.com has been "down" for the last approximately 24 hours?

All the best,
Kim

manugoel2003
12 Feb 2007, 9:59 AM
How about this in Jack's defence
:D http://yui-ext.com/deploy/ext-1.0-alpha/ :D

I am happy that he got a job. Congrats man!! The development can obviously not continue if enough funds dont flow in, and till the time that happens he gotta earn something from somewhere. And I am sure he is not in any mood to dump anyone. Its just a temporary adjustment to keep things going.