PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to access the micro sd cards?

trifu
10 Apr 2012, 11:58 AM
I was wondering with sencha touch 2, if there was a way to write and read from micro sd cards in the mobile devices?

Thanks,

mitchellsimoens
10 Apr 2012, 12:44 PM
You may be able to using filesystem in a native wrapper. The browser won't allow you to.

trifu
11 Apr 2012, 3:03 PM
Does anyone have a sample where they've tried doing something like this?

I'm not sure I follow how to wrap it natively?

ingo.hefti
13 Sep 2012, 4:22 AM
You may be able to using filesystem in a native wrapper. The browser won't allow you to.
So one must use something like PhoneGap to do this? Is this something, that Sencha has on its ToDo list?

mitchellsimoens
13 Sep 2012, 4:23 AM
So one must use something like PhoneGap to do this? Is this something, that Sencha has on its ToDo list?

Quite simply, the browser gives us very limited access to device APIs. This isn't a Sencha Touch issue.

ingo.hefti
13 Sep 2012, 4:27 AM
Quite simply, the browser gives us very limited access to device APIs. This isn't a Sencha Touch issue.
You misunderstand me! I wasn't blaming ST! I was just wondering how to do this (as I need to do this)? Maybe you have some clues as where to start? And of course I'm not talking about a web app but a native app!!!

mitchellsimoens
13 Sep 2012, 4:44 AM
You misunderstand me! I wasn't blaming ST! I was just wondering how to do this (as I need to do this)? Maybe you have some clues as where to start? And of course I'm not talking about a web app but a native app!!!

Don't think you are understanding my full replies, the browser doesn't give us much access to device APIs so you would need to be under a packaged app.

ingo.hefti
13 Sep 2012, 4:49 AM
Don't think you are understanding my full replies, the browser doesn't give us much access to device APIs so you would need to be under a packaged app.
Guess what you call 'packaged app' is what I call a 'native app'. So I fully agree with you that it is not possible in the browser.

I was just wondering if this is something that sencha might implement in a near future as you have some other apis that work in 'packaged apps' only...