PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Sencha Touch 2.0.x List doesn't show up as expected.

taptapdone
11 Apr 2012, 11:40 AM
If you drop a Sencha Touch 2.0x List component onto the Design simulator view it shows the following rows:
List Item One
List Item Three
List Item Two.

If you instead drop a List item into a Container, Panel, Tab Panel, it adds MyList to the inspector but does not properly add the list into the Design simulator view. It does seem to show the list properly for Carousel and NavigationView in Design.

Additionally it would be nice if it also generated an associated Store and Model without complaints, but for now I'd just like the problem fixed.

aconran
11 Apr 2012, 1:00 PM
Set a layout manager on your top level Container. Sounds like you are looking for a Fit layout.

taptapdone
11 Apr 2012, 1:16 PM
Logically this makes sense for the programmatic use of the API, but for visual editing and layout it does not.

These components are set to 'default'. I would think there should be a way to either promote 'default' to 'fit' when dropping this component, or a setting somewhere to make the default to always be 'fit'.

Phil.Strong
11 Apr 2012, 5:54 PM
Container is very "generic" and thus we tend to treat it as such and allow users to choose their own adventure. In this case I do see your point but there are 100's of other cases where this isn't the desired default.