PDA

View Full Version : Problem submitting app to AppStore

parky128
13 Apr 2012, 5:47 AM
Hi,

I have been trying to get my packaged iOS app submitted to the AppStore after building it using my Distribution Certificate, but when I get round to using Application Loader on OS X, the loader gives me a couple of errors as follows:

Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, contains disallowed entitlements, or it was not signed with an iPhone Distribution Certificate.
Unable to extract codesigning entitlements from your application. Please make sure stbuild_template is a valid Mach executable that's properly codesigned.

I was actually getting a few more errors from Application Loader, exactly the same as mentioned by Caspar in this post => http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?188383-Can-not-select-App-in-Application-Loader&highlight=certificate

I have followed his workarounds, but I cannot seem to codesign my application successfully using my distribution certificate on OS X.

I am trying this:

codesign -f -dvvv -s "iPhone Distribution: SBS Solutions Ltd" --entitlements "Entitlements.plist" "Pinpointers.app"

When I execute the above, I get this:

iPhone Distribution: SBS Solutions Ltd: no identity found

I should point out here that I have done all my development on a Windows 7 64 bit machine, and I am now using the zipped up version of the built .app file on the OS X machine for use with Application Loader. I guess I am seeing the message from codesign as I have not got my distribution certificate in KeyChain Access on my OS X machine? If that's the case, can I import my p12 converted certificate (which I did using OpenSSL on my Win 7 machine) into KeyChain?

I'm a bit confused why this is going wrong as surely using the distribution certificate in release mode in my packager.json file would mean my app gets signed correctly?

Here is the packager config I am using:

{
"applicationName":"Pinpointers",
"applicationId":"pinpointers.websites.sbs",
"versionString":"1.0",
"iconName":"Icon.png",
"inputPath":".",
"outputPath":"build/",
"configuration":"Release",
"platform":"iOS",
"deviceType":"Universal",
"certificatePath":"ios_distribution.P12",
"certificateAlias":"iPhone Distribution: SBS Solutions Ltd",
"orientations": [
"portrait",
"landscapeLeft",
"landscapeRight",
"portraitUpsideDown"
]
}

Hope someone out there can point me in the right direction here, I feel I am close!

voloshyn
13 Apr 2012, 11:12 AM
there is a problem in packager for windows, and we are working on a fix right now, I will upload a fix on this post later today or on Monday. Meanwhile you could use Mac OS X version of the packager for deployment if you need it right now.

voloshyn
13 Apr 2012, 2:07 PM
Please try this fix: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8793605/stbuild.msi
You will also need to add "BundleSeedId" to your config (that the numbers which you can see before your app id in the developer portal)