PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] [ST1] FormPanel appears as "form" instead of "formpanel" to Ext.ComponentQuery

jep
13 Apr 2012, 11:21 AM
(Ugh. Getting SO tired of having to go find the post, copy all the text out, pick my way through it trimming out useless stuff, making sure I don't screw up the code, then sitting back and wonder if my bug ever made it into the tracker. C'mon, guys, use a real bug tracker already. I know you have to be using one internally. If nothing else, at least let subscribers enter bugs into one. I sometimes put off or skip entering bugs because of how downright annoying this is.)

Sencha Touch version tested:

only default sencha-touch.css

Platform tested against:

n/a

Description:

FormPanel appears as "form" instead of "formpanel" to Ext.ComponentQuery queries. This is a bug, since as the documentation for Ext.ComponentQuery says: "Xtypes can be retrieved by their name with an optional . prefix". This is not true with FormPanel. A query for ".formpanel" or "formpanel" will find nothing. A query for "form" will find all the FormPanel.

I note that this has been changed in 2.0. If you do a CQ for "formpanel" in it, it will find the forms. A query for "form" will return nothing.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Open the 1.1.0 kitchen sink and navigate to the forms example. Open a console and issue:
Ext.ComponentQuery.query('formpanel')
Do the same thing for "form" instead.
Repeat the first two steps in 2.0.

The result that was expected:

A list of the FormPanel elements should appear in both 1.1.0 and 2.0 for the first step.
The second step should return an empty array.

The result that occurs instead:

In 1.1.0, the "formpanel" step returns nothing. In 2.0 it returns results.
In 1.1.0, the "form" step returns results. In 2.0 it returns nothing.

mitchellsimoens
16 Apr 2012, 7:42 AM
Thanks for the report.

jep
16 Apr 2012, 7:43 AM
Mitchell (or any other Sencha staff) - Are we actually going to see a bugfix patch for 1.x? I'm beginning to get a bit tired of entering these 1.x bug reports with no indication that they'll ever be fixed in 1.x.

mitchellsimoens
16 Apr 2012, 7:56 AM
Mitchell (or any other Sencha staff) - Are we actually going to see a bugfix patch for 1.x? I'm beginning to get a bit tired of entering these 1.x bug reports with no indication that they'll ever be fixed in 1.x.

I have been told we are but will ask for clarification.