PDA

View Full Version : Always-edit-mode grid column

eddow
16 Apr 2012, 7:01 AM
Hello.

I would like to make a column showing only editors directly editable - like the check-box selection column show checkboxes, and to have it bound to a field of the row-record.

Is that possible?

(Subsidiary question: If yes, how?)

Thanks a lot

PS: The editor is a home-made editor so I can change it if needed.

scottmartin
16 Apr 2012, 7:52 AM
Do you want to show a list of components that can be used for editing in the column? I am not sure I understand.

Regards,
Scott.

eddow
16 Apr 2012, 8:06 AM
Well,

In the checkbox selection mode, the grid shows a column with one checkbox per row.
If the grid has a Boolean column, the column show no checkbox or only one when a cell is in "edition mode".

I would like, for example, to have a boolean column whose cells are all and always in edition mode and would look like the selection column: plenty of little checkboxes.
(As I said, it is with another control but I use the example for the idea)

eddow
19 Apr 2012, 5:34 AM
Up,

So, to illustrate, it would be to have a boolean column in a grid to look like the right column in the picture, and not like the left column.

scottmartin
19 Apr 2012, 5:58 AM
Like this:
http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.7-gpl/examples/grid/row-editing.html

Regards,
Scott.

eddow
19 Apr 2012, 7:46 AM
Exactly, like that but using my home-made control. I don't really know where to start to look, and even in the example I don't understand (is it because of xtype: 'checkcolumn' ? Of cls: 'x-grid-checkheader-editor' ?)

scottmartin
19 Apr 2012, 7:56 AM
If you defined your control with and xtype, you can just replace that. The other option is to use something like:
http://skirtlesden.com/ux/component-column

Regards,
Scott.

eddow
19 Apr 2012, 8:10 AM
Oh ok, I understand. The regular boolean column is "booleancolumn" but "checkboxcolumn" is an UX - I missed this point.

Thank you very much.

eddow
19 Apr 2012, 9:16 AM
erh - sorry - how do I mark the thread as answered?

scottmartin
19 Apr 2012, 9:36 AM
There is a Mark Best Answer link on top right of each post

Thanks,
Scott.

eddow
19 Apr 2012, 4:08 PM
:-)