PDA

View Full Version : CUstomizing accordion header

aorlic
17 Apr 2012, 8:14 AM
Hello!

How can I change the look&feel of an accordion's header (For example, to increase the font size and color)?

I tried to use the "cls" config, but it did not seem to work, maybe I am doing something wrong. The summary of what I did:

1. add my custom css class and reference it from the main html
2. add the following code to CSS:

.custom-acc-hd {
color:red;
font-size:20;
}

3. set the "cls" config on an accordion panel to my customized version:

Ext.define('PP.view.PE', {
extend: 'Ext.container.Container',

layout: {
type: 'accordion',
align: 'stretch',
multi: true
},

initComponent: function() {
var me = this;

Ext.applyIf(me, {
items: [
{
xtype: 'panel',
collapsed: true,
cls: 'custom-acc-hd',
title: 'Projects'
},

Unfortunatelly, this does not change anything.

Any ideas?

scottmartin
17 Apr 2012, 12:37 PM
Have a look at:

.x-accordion-hd {
background: red !important;
font-size:20;
}

.x-accordion-hd .x-panel-header-text {
color: white;
font-size:15;
}

Regards,
Scott.

aorlic
18 Apr 2012, 5:17 AM
Thank you, it worked.

However, this solution actually scares me more than it helps. Looks like all this styling things will have to be handled directly in the original CSS. This brings 2 important questions:

1. Is there some clean and clear documentation of this? How can we know which CSS element should be used in order to achieve something?
2. Is there a way to somehow "override" this CSS and apply the modifications without changing original files? I've tried it but it did not worked.

Thank you a lot!

scottmartin
18 Apr 2012, 5:26 AM
This is a basic CSS override. Just create a CSS file and included it after the ext-all.css
The best way to find the class needed to override, load the component in the browser and open FireBug or
Developer Tools (in Chrome) and select the element you want to inspect and go from there.

You can use methods like addCls to append or renderers to override. It depends on the component.

Regards,
Scott.