PDA

View Full Version : [2.0.410] Deploy/Copy does not work anymore

hschaefer123
18 Apr 2012, 12:24 AM
Just migrated from Designer to architect the Deploy->Copy doesn not work anymore!

I got a new popup

running xcopy
path to designer
path to deploy
/exclude: .....

with empty textarea.

app code is not copied!

jeffj@sstelco.com
18 Apr 2012, 6:29 AM
Hi,

Tripped over this one yesterday. I think they are going to fix it in the next bugfix release, but you can get around the problem by make sure you don't have spaces in the directory or file name of your project or destination folder.

Hope that helps,
Jeff

hschaefer123
18 Apr 2012, 6:32 AM
Thanks,
but i do not have space insides.

Maybe also underscores "_" are a problem.

Cheers Holger

Sneeper
18 Apr 2012, 8:50 AM
I too am having this issue; the save path does not have any spaces or underscores within it and the deploy path does not have any spaces or underscores within it. Are there any other workarounds for this?

Artur Bodera (Joust)
19 Apr 2012, 6:28 AM
Confirmed. It just hangs at "xcopy" when trying to deploy on Windows 7.

What's wrong with spaces and underscores anyway? It's 2012

Phil.Strong
19 Apr 2012, 8:48 AM
An update for windows and xcopy deploy is coming soon. However if you guys give me more data I can be sure your setup will work.

project path:
deploy path:

BostonMerlin
19 Apr 2012, 9:12 AM
Thanks, Phill.

I had to move my deeply nested deploy/save folders to c:\sencha\save and \deploy..

thèse don't work:

save: C:\Projects\CFN.Development\Web Applications\Mobile.CFN\Main\Mobile.Tablet\Sencha
deploy: C:\Projects\CFN.Development\Web Applications\Mobile.CFN\Main\Mobile.Tablet

Thanks,
John

Phil.Strong
19 Apr 2012, 9:58 AM
Thanks, Phill.

I had to move my deeply nested deploy/save folders to c:\sencha\save and \deploy..

thèse don't work:

save: C:\Projects\CFN.Development\Web Applications\Mobile.CFN\Main\Mobile.Tablet\Sencha
deploy: C:\Projects\CFN.Development\Web Applications\Mobile.CFN\Main\Mobile.Tablet

Thanks,
John

You should be good to go on next update. For now go ahead and move the temp script Architect creates to somewhere else and wrap xcopy src and dest paths in double quotes and run to deploy! Expect in app happiness next update.