PDA

View Full Version : [INFOREQ] [2.0.412] Sencha Architect doesn't work anymore

Souri
18 Apr 2012, 12:34 PM
Just got the update for build 412, running on Windows 7. When I open the program up now, I get the welcome screen to choose a project or start a new one. I select my project and then see the welcome screen minimalise, and then... nothing. I can see the Sencha Architect program process still in my Windows Task Manager, however. I end that process and try again, and the same thing happens.

I've rebooted twice running Sencha Architect after to see if it would make any difference, and then lastly, I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that would help, but the program is still hanging :<

Is this happening to anyone else?

aconran
18 Apr 2012, 1:53 PM
:-/ Should not be happening. Would you remove the following directory and see if that helps?

Windows Vista/7
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0\

Souri
18 Apr 2012, 2:01 PM
Excellent, fantastic! It's working again now. Thanks! :)

damiano colombo
18 Apr 2012, 11:18 PM
I'm having the same issue, fixed deleting AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0\ .
My problem is that every time I open my project (very easy, a login form with a couple of text edit and a button) the architect crashes and I need to delete the AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0\ folder.
Any idea?

jochem.berends
19 Apr 2012, 2:33 AM
:-/ Should not be happening. Would you remove the following directory and see if that helps?

Windows Vista/7

I experienced the same issue as described by the topic starter. Using: Windows 7 Professional EN x64

After deleting the mentioned directory and reregistering architect with user/pass and downloading update the creation of a new project is a success.

* opening of old project - success
* creation of a new project - success

aconran
19 Apr 2012, 7:44 AM
I'm having the same issue, fixed deleting AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0\ .
My problem is that every time I open my project (very easy, a login form with a couple of text edit and a button) the architect crashes and I need to delete the AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0\ folder.
Any idea?

Damiano, Could you give us some more details? What does it look like when it crashes? Could you provide screenshots? What operating system are you using?

Phil.Strong
19 Apr 2012, 8:29 AM
I'm wondering if the app screen is somewhere off screen (bug). Perhaps we should be checking window position we save to user preferences to make sure they are within "bounds"

damiano colombo
19 Apr 2012, 11:59 PM
Of course! I'm working on Win7/64. I don't get any error report, crash screen or anything else, the architect icon just appear in the taskbar then disappear a couple of seconds later when i double click on my .xsd file.
the same if I open architech and I choose this file in the welcome screen.
This is my project... very easy! It was created with designer 1.2.2 then imported in architect.

{
"name": "supervisor",
"settings": {
"urlPrefix": "",
"directAPI": "",
"spacesToIndent": 4,
"codeGenFormat": "Class",
"exportPath": "C:/Cloud/test/deploy",
"extPath": "http://extjs.cachefly.net/ext-4.0.7-commercial/",
"senchaIoKey": "",
"senchaIoPath": "http://extjs.cachefly.net/designer/IO/",
"lineEnding": "CRLF",
"instantiateStore": true,
"genTimestamps": false,
"saveOnDeploy": false,
"appName": "MyApp",
"mapsAPI": "http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=true"
},
"xdsVersion": "2.0.0",
"xdsBuild": "410",
"framework": "ext40",
"topInstanceFileMap": {
"87159907-56b9-487c-ae25-619a03fcfa02": {
"paths": [
"metadata/view/LoginPanel",
"app/view/override/LoginPanel.js",
"app/view/LoginPanel.js"
],
"className": "LoginPanel"
},
"e7d3422f-5586-4a94-a15a-c6677199c58f": {
"paths": [
"metadata/controller/LoginController",
"app/controller/override/LoginController.js",
"app/controller/LoginController.js"
],
"className": "LoginController"
}
},
"expandedState": {
"data": true,
"model": true,
"component": true,
"controller": true,
"resource": false
}
}

Phil.Strong
25 Apr 2012, 11:58 AM
Could you zip and give us the entire project directory?

mbojnak
26 Apr 2012, 12:32 PM

Windows Vista/7

That resolved this issue for me.