PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Problem to package with sencha architect

bmarchal
19 Apr 2012, 2:51 AM
Hi,

I am beginning to discover Sencha Architect.
I can't packaging any apps (for android).
My context : windows 7
I downloaded Sencha SDK 2.0.0 + android SDK
I configured the sencha sdk path in the settings. ( c:\tools\senchasdk)
my packager.json :
{
"applicationName": "My Application",
"applicationId": "com.mycompany.myAppID",
"versionString": "1.0",
"iconName": "icon.png",
"inputPath": "./",
"outputPath": "build/",
"configuration": "Debug",
"platform": "Android",
"deviceType": "Universal",
"certificatePath": "/path/to/certificate.file",
"certificateAlias": "",
"sdkPath": "C:/tools/Android/android-sdk",
"androidAPILevel": "7"
}

the error is :

Error: Can not find ..\command\sencha.js ""C:/tools/Android/android-sdk\tools\android" create project --target android-7 --name MyApplication --activity STActivity --path build/\ --package com.mycompany.myAppID" Can not open destination file for writing Failed to copy packager library Failed to package application

Can someone help me ?

Merci d'avance

Bertrand Marchal

Phil.Strong
19 Apr 2012, 8:52 AM
inputPath must be absolute

until next autoupdate you will have to have no spaces in your project path
ok: c:\projects\projectx
fail: c:\project folder with spaces\projectx

Also I expect you'll get better answers and support from SDKTools forum as in general Architect is simply aiding in the creation of your packager.json

sencha package packager.json should work from command line when you have all the settings in json correct

Phil.Strong
25 Apr 2012, 9:28 AM
The next update will include the ability to use relative pathing again
./ will be the default and means the current project

all relative paths will be relative to your project path

bmarchal
25 Apr 2012, 12:29 PM
ok
Merci Phil

sapkalparag
3 May 2012, 3:42 AM
I am trying to implement the same thing for iOS simulator.
M currently on a mac with the latest xcode..
i have tried both the absolute and relative path in "inputPath"
both inputPath and outputPath are pointed to different folders. Still when i run the command

sencha package run simulator.json.. or I try through architect to deploy the project on iOS Simulator it goes into looping. Ultimately deploying fails with the error as too long file name.

Whats the solution for this one?

Thanks in advance.

Phil.Strong
4 May 2012, 1:49 PM
Need more information sapkalparag. What are your input and output paths? What else can you tell me

sapkalparag
5 May 2012, 5:10 AM
Hi Phil.Strong

Thanks for your reply. I have understood some things on my own. Please check them if they are correct and correct i am going wrong anywhere...

1. first we have to do "copy" while deploying a project which copies the complete project at a certain different folder. The we have to do 'simulate'. This actually fires the 'sencha package run simulator.json' command.

2. In simulator.json we set the input path as the folder where we have copied the project. and output path the the one where .app file is generated.

in my code have following entries in simulator.json

inputPath : "users/sapkalparag/Example1/" (where Example1 is the folder where project is copied.)
outpuPath:"users/sapkalparag/Result/"

but still when i set everything and do 'simulate' it, the project opens up in iOS Simulator but gives a white blank space with the terminal giving some error . Ill post that error line soon bcz i dnt have it now. but can u tell me where i am going wrong with this??

Thanks alot

Phil.Strong
6 May 2012, 5:58 PM
Hi Phil.Strong

1. first we have to do "copy" while deploying a project which copies the complete project at a certain different folder. The we have to do 'simulate'. This actually fires the 'sencha package run simulator.json' command.

2. In simulator.json we set the input path as the folder where we have copied the project. and output path the the one where .app file is generated.

input path is where your current project resides. For now this must be /Users/sapkalparag/Example1/ but after the next autoupdate you'll be able to use ./ (current project).

output Path is in fact the location you'd like your .app file placed so it can be installed or simulated.

Also for next autoupdate a index.html file will be created as a carbon copy of your app.html which is required if you want to actually see anything. **bug alert** I'm sorry if this has made many of your bang your head against the wall!

sapkalparag
6 May 2012, 10:49 PM
Hi Phil.Strong

I got my project to work in iOS Simulator.
i simply copied the app.html file in the same project folder and renamed it to index.html to give it a try. And it worked like a charm. Thanks alot.

the error i was getting was

[DEBUG] 2012-05-07 12:03:18.209 stbuild_template[7011:207] The requested URL was not found on this server.

with the iOS Simuator opening but showing a black white screen.

Thanks alot.

Phil.Strong
8 May 2012, 6:27 AM
the next update (this week) will do that copy for you if it doesn't already exist and warn you to update your index file if it needs it.

confile
22 May 2012, 9:36 AM
I work on a mac and used the tweet app project for sencha architect 2. Simulation on iOS Simulator works fine but when it comes to packaging to native iOS packaging works fine but I cannot install the app on my iPhone. See the screenshots below. What should I do?

aconran
22 May 2012, 5:13 PM
I work on a mac and used the tweet app project for sencha architect 2. Simulation on iOS Simulator works fine but when it comes to packaging to native iOS packaging works fine but I cannot install the app on my iPhone. See the screenshots below. What should I do?
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?205540-Setting-up-your-Architect-Touch-projects-to-be-used-with-SDK-Tools-v2-beta-3

confile
23 May 2012, 4:45 AM
this does not help. I did everything in the other post. Packaging works fine. The problem is the following

What should I do to fix that error:

The application was successfuly signed
Only iOS simulator is supported to run packaged apps
Failed to run packaged application

Phil.Strong
23 May 2012, 1:49 PM
I saw your other thread

which has output as build/ and input as ./
you can't have the output inside the input

Phil.Strong
23 May 2012, 1:51 PM
http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/guide/native_packaging
http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/guide/native_provisioning

insomnix
17 Jul 2012, 7:56 PM
This is my first app and I'm trying to package one for the first time. I am having some difficulties because I am not used to the jargon yet. I cannot get my application to deploy into a package for android. I appear to be missing something.

Here are my package settings:

applicationName: myApp
applicationId: com.mycompany.myAppID
bundleSeedId: ""
versionString: 1.0
iconName: ""
inputPath: C:/sek/xampp/htdocs/apps/myapp/
outputPath: C:/data/myapp/android
configuration: Debug
platform: Android
deviceType: Universal
certificatePath: /path/to/certificate.file
certificateAlias:
sdkPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk
androidAPILevel: 7

The error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SenchaArchitect>cd "C:/sek/xampp/htdocs/apps/myapp/" C:\sek\xampp\htdocs\apps\myapp>sencha & sencha package packager.json [WARN] The current working directory (C:\sek\xampp\htdocs\apps\myapp) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder. Running in backwards compatible mode. Sencha Command v2.0.0 Beta 3 Copyright (c) 2012 Sencha Inc. usage: sencha COMMAND [ARGS] The available commands are: build build a JSB project create bootstrapdata generate boostrap data create jsb generate a minimal JSB project for an app create locale generate a template locale file from source create manifest generate classes manifest package package your Touch web app into a native bundle slice theme slice a custom theme's images for IE See 'sencha help COMMAND' for more information on a specific command. [ERROR] The current working directory (C:\sek\xampp\htdocs\apps\myapp) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder Required field is missing from config file Failed to package application

Can someone point me in the right direction or to a tutorial that might explain this a little better than the one's I have found so far?

Thanks

Phil.Strong
18 Jul 2012, 8:01 PM
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?205540-Setting-up-your-Architect-Touch-projects-to-be-used-with-SDK-Tools-v2-beta-3