PDA

View Full Version : DragDrop of fieldsets in a FormPanel

qt4x11
23 Apr 2012, 12:18 PM

I'm trying to reproduce the functionality in the above form using ExtJS. The above image shows a group of sortable and draggable DOM elements that were created using jQuery Sortable() and some custom css.

I've been looking at the available options for doing the same thing in ExtJS, most of my searches point to using DragDrop for implementing this type of functionality. But I haven't found any examples that are similar to what I'm trying to do - most of the samples involve DragDrop from field to grid or from grid to field. I'd like to:

-drag a fieldset containing a textfield and a checkbox or combobox up and down a sortable list
-upon reordering of the sortable list, record that a change was made and record the new ordering of the list
-have a custom css for these draggable fieldsets
-have some type of graphical 'handle' in my css that indicates that these fields are draggable and sortable

has anyone done this? Or would it be simpler to just use my existing jQuery Sortable() code inside of ExtJS? Thanks for any advice.

jay@moduscreate.com
15 May 2012, 4:49 AM
Drag and drop requires a bit of know-how. It's fairly complicated and l suggest beginning with the following article: http://www.sencha.com/blog/5-steps-to-understanding-drag-and-drop-with-ext-js/