PDA

View Full Version : Architect build 412 NO LONGER STARTS

scottd
23 Apr 2012, 12:57 PM
I was using Architect on Friday and this morning with no issues. I closed it today, restarted, and clicked 'Change User' on the splash screen. I entered my forum password and clicked 'Sign In'.

Ever since then, I have not been able to get past the 'Open/Create Project' step. I have done the following:

- Rebooted
- Created a new user ID and logged on with that
- Uninstalled and rebooted, then reinstalled

Once I click 'Continue Trial' and select a project type, THE APP SIMPLY CLOSES with no warning.

scottd
23 Apr 2012, 1:03 PM
Even after killing them all, the same steps fail:

- Launch from desktop
- Click "Continue Trial"
- Choose ANY project type
- App UI closes

I DID NOTHING TO MAKE THIS STOP WORKING. I'm evaluating Architect for use by my team and the company as a whole, and my feedback is going to be very, very bad.

scottd
23 Apr 2012, 4:46 PM
Delete the following (hidden) folder and restart the app to work around this annoying issue. It will ask you to accept the license agreement again.

Windows Vista/7
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0\

aconran
23 Apr 2012, 8:30 PM
We've been hearing of a few users encountering this issue during upgrade with windows 7 and vista.

We're working on trying to reproduce/isolate the issue but have been unable to.

scottd
24 Apr 2012, 9:23 AM
My upgrade path was:

1) Install Ext Designer + SDK Tools 2.0.0-Beta-windows
2) Install Sencha Designer 2.0.0-beta1 and try some Touch projects
3) Uninstall Designer beta
4) Install Sencha Architect (Friday's release)
5) Accept the bug fix auto-update

After everything went south, I uninstalled Architect and the older Ext Designer, rebooted, cleared out all presence of "Sencha" from the registry, etc. Perhaps the combination of the three tools is what led to the error. Can you try this configuration?

Please check any of the code that accesses the AppData directory just before opening or creating a project, as with "Create New Project --> Sencha Touch 2.0.x".