PDA

View Full Version : Importing model definitions

Dumas
24 Apr 2012, 5:44 AM
Hallo!

Is there any posibility planed of importing model definitions into Sencha Designer?
This is very important for our current project, your model definitions get generated and I would like to import them somehow.

Best regards
Roland

aconran
24 Apr 2012, 4:29 PM
Yes, there is. Any additional information about how/where you'd like to import them from would be helpful for us to know.

Dumas
24 Apr 2012, 6:31 PM
Hello Aaron,

we are using Bancha (http://banchaproject.org) which automatically creates model definitions based on the backend CakePHP model definitions. These model definitions include fields, validations and associations and a fully configured proxy (which uses Ext.Direct).
If necessary I could transform these definitions to plain javascript or json if that helps...

Thanks
Roland

Dumas
30 Apr 2012, 6:44 PM
Hello Aaron,

I would appreciate any information you can give me on this....

thanks
Roland

aconran
10 May 2012, 3:33 PM
I don't have any information for you yet...

Dumas
3 Jun 2012, 4:53 AM
Almost one month has gone by... any new information?

Phil.Strong
4 Jun 2012, 9:07 PM
Is this thread referring to Sencha Architect 2?

Dumas
5 Jun 2012, 5:39 AM
Yes, I started the thread before the final Architect2 release...

I want to import some model data into Sencha Architect 2.

thanks
Roland

augustinas
29 Jul 2012, 12:03 PM
There are number of people who would like to see a model import feature into Architect. Or at least a way that the fields could be added manually without requiring the move between keyboard and mouse on every field name.

I am amazed. Importing a simple model's standalone definition (without associations) would seem to be a common requirement for a commercial development tool which depends on structured data.

Thank You

Phil.Strong
30 Jul 2012, 11:20 AM
2.1 will have a feature that allows you to comma separate fields

name, dob, address1, address2, notes

this will add 5 fields

We also have a feature in the backlog to allow for user to copy/paste structured data but alas this hasn't been implemented yet.

augustinas
30 Jul 2012, 11:30 AM
Phil

Thank you for the timely update. A helper feature such as this will save time and promote accuracy when building interfaces with existing systems.