PDA

View Full Version : Selecting a period for renting an object (house/hotel/boat/bicycle)

jop_008
6 May 2012, 7:42 AM
I want the user to select two week numbers for booking a house/hotel. Every week starts on a saturday. I wander what is the best user interface.
I think the standard date picker can't be customized for only selecting saturdays.
Another way to go is use group list items with a group being a month.
Can I program it by javascript? Or is it much faster to do a manual data entry? The list much show up twice once for the start saturday and once for the end saturday. With a check on dateend > datefrom and a check on making sense (warning when booking more than 4 weeks).
See also my other question about looking for a design pattern to book an object (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?201838-Thead-alignment-example-code-design-pattern-to-rent-an-object&p=796362#post796362).
Thanks for help.

John

mitchellsimoens
9 May 2012, 6:58 AM
What I would do is use a dataview to show a month view where you can see all the days in rows and columns but only saturdays are selectable.

jop_008
9 May 2012, 10:31 PM
So first select the month using a list view? After selecting the month you suggest to show all days with only saturdays can be selected. What user interface must be used for that (an HTML table?) Is this not to be complicated building a whole calendar?

John