PDA

View Full Version : Possible to change Bottom Tabbar shape etc.

squarefan
7 May 2012, 10:02 AM
Is it possible to change the bottom Tabbar (I know everything is possible, but is there an easy integrated solution that I could use). e.g. in XCode you can change the middle icon to be higher, different than the other tabs - make it round, rectangular etc.

Here an example:

Also is it possible to change the color of only one tab and overlay items over the map (have a e.g. a floating toggle switch hovering disconnected from a panel etc. - I guess I could do it an absolute positioned element and just add a container into that div?

thanks!

estesbubba
7 May 2012, 10:20 AM
I think your best bet is to play around with the SASS. Change your config.rb to this

# Output format
output_style = :expanded
environment = :development

Then when you inspect DOM in Dev Tools you can see where everything is defined in SASS. From there you can customize your tabbar however you want. I find it easiest to tweak in Dev Tools using element.style then transfer those settings to SASS.

Some stuff is simple to customize using variables and other stuff you need to dig deep into.

squarefan
7 May 2012, 7:30 PM
thanks for the quick answer.

I already used SASS in the past for various stylings but currently cannot get my ahead around reshaping a tab in this manner. I was hoping maybe somebody has already done it (or there is an internal developer sample available). I will have a look though and see what I can come up with should it be necessary for the current project.

As for the floating element... would you have any idea there?