PDA

View Full Version : Opening HTML anchor link in TabBar Panel

Paul Obeda
15 May 2012, 10:47 AM
I'm using Sencha Touch 2, PhoneGap (Cordova) 1.7.0, Xcode 4.3.2.

If I include HTML for a link without incorporating a TabBar Panel in my app, the link behaviour works fine and allows me to launch webpages (etc).

But if I include the same HTML link in a container or panel which is rendered within a TabBar Panel (tabBarPosition: 'bottom'), the link doesn't launch.

I've tried tel: urls as well as http:, with no differences noted in behaviour. I.e. when using a TabBar Panel I can't even get my iPhone to initiate a phone call programatically, let alone launch an external webpage! (lol).

If the html is, say, on a Button, I can get the handler to fire, but I still haven't found any way to launch browser actions.

Any thoughts?

Paul Obeda
15 May 2012, 2:32 PM
For greater certainty, I have no reason to suspect the behaviour relates to the tabBarPanel as such. But I'm at a loss to understand what settings might affect the behaviour as the link gets encapsulated.

mitchellsimoens
17 May 2012, 5:34 AM
Do you have a listener for the link or just trying to let the webview handle it?

Paul Obeda
17 May 2012, 9:12 AM
I've let the webview handle it. Or, absorb it.

I had played around with the (Cordova) ChildBrowser plugin for a while without success. The handler would fire, but I couldn't get the childBrowser to launch (and I'm not certain of the status of that plugin under Sencha Touch 2 + Cordova 1.7.0), so I set that aside.