PDA

View Full Version : Ext 2.0 Universal Desktop App: jsDesk

atomantic
11 Dec 2007, 11:13 AM
There is a significant group of people who are running the desktop example as a multi-user load environment and have (or want to have) a login option after ext loads (or a user switch option). Also, many people have ideas for the desktop that they are building separately.

I'm currently working on integrating all the code bits people have contributed (that people are willing to share or commit) into the google code project: http://code.google.com/p/jsdesk/

current demo on www.jsdesk.com. It does not have the code yet for initializing the desktop after user logs in. So to load the desktop apps, you have to reload the page manually (or add code to redirect)--but that kills the whole point of pre-loading the js rather than redirect after login. This fix is on the way.

My goal with this project is to get all these ideas people are suggesting and developing, integrated into a single place. Many people have made add-ons and themes for the desktop and it's not so easy to piece them all together (and some may cause conflicts).

So, if you are into joining up and helping to make a universal version of this desktop app that contains config switches to turn on and off features, that's what this project is.

Anyone who is interested in adding on to this project, send me a private message with your google username and I will add you to the code project. I'm hoping we can make this a universal desktop app that anyone can use and configure to fit their needs.

Souce can be checked-out here:
http://code.google.com/p/jsdesk/source

Current version can be downloaded here:
http://jsdesk.googlecode.com/files/jsdesk_2007.12.11.zip

Thanks,

gkassyou
18 Dec 2007, 10:26 AM
Looks good. Is this for ext js 1.1.1 or 2.0

atomantic
20 Dec 2007, 1:20 AM
Looks good. Is this for ext js 1.1.1 or 2.0

2.0 :)

I just merged in mxracer's (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10950) edits to his version as of Dec 11th 2007. Now it has themes and wallpaper support and the new directory structure.

I also fixed a couple minor glitches with registration/login that were in my older version.

Download here: http://code.google.com/p/jsdesk/downloads/list
Demo here: http://jsdesk.com

Shmoo
16 Jan 2008, 7:58 PM
Great work. I request the thread be moved to the EXT 2.0 section. :D

brian.moeskau
16 Jan 2008, 11:11 PM
Done.

lxxstc
21 Jan 2008, 10:48 PM
Great!!!! very beautiful!

Choleriker
22 Jan 2008, 2:14 AM
Hello,

i suggest the following changes in taskbar: first, make the texts localizable:

[code]
minimizeText: 'Minimieren',
maximizeText: 'Maximieren',
closeText: 'Schlie

atomantic
24 Jan 2008, 11:14 AM
Excellent suggestions, Choleriker,

send me your google name and I'll add you to the project and you can start contributing ideas directly--that's the whole point of the svn repo and google code project :)

\m/

dearsina
4 Feb 2008, 3:26 AM
Excellent efforts ato! I'm noticing that the performance of this version of the desktop seems considerably slower than the example. what do you consider contributes the most to the speed difference?

Choleriker
4 Feb 2008, 9:10 AM
Excellent suggestions, Choleriker,

send me your google name and I'll add you to the project and you can start contributing ideas directly--that's the whole point of the svn repo and google code project :)

\m/

my google name is michael@baarz.de

Greetings from Mallorca!

dddu88
3 Mar 2008, 2:14 PM
Hi, all,
The jsdesk is very nice, thanks to all who did this, I downloaded the jsdesk source code, and used java servlet instead of php, my problem is after I successfully logged in, the login window still poped up to ask me login again, I debugged into the login.js with firebug, I noticed this piece of code:

Success : function(f, a) {
if (a && a.result) {
dialog.destroy(true);
Ext.getBody().down('.ext-el-mask').hide();
// Ext.get('ext-gen15').hide(); // not sure why this mask from the waitMsg lingers :(
// get the path
var path = window.location.pathname,
path = path.substring(0, path.lastIndexOf('/') + 1);
// set the cookie
set_cookie('key', a.result.key, '', path, '', '' );
set_cookie('memberName', a.result.name, '', path, '', '' );
set_cookie('memberType', a.result.type, '', path, '', '' );
set_cookie('memberUsername', a.result.username, '', '/', '', '');
// redirect the window
window.location = path; // this is lame (we need to re-instantiate the app here to load all the user's stuff

}
},

window.location = path, the path is '/', that will point to my index.html again, which has the login.js script included. so when it is reloaded, it will load the login window again, when I debugged the www.jsdesk.com demo, I found the path is also '/', but it pointed to a different html file, which does not include the login.js script, I donot know how this is done, would anybody please give me a clue how I can achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Kevin_Liu
27 Mar 2008, 11:57 PM
Cool~ Very beautiful

3abbess
14 Apr 2008, 5:07 AM
Hi there u v done a great job !

a have a little question, it's possible to load the modules from a server side script ?
i've tried an ajax request on function getModules but it doesn't work ..

Ext.Ajax.request({
success: function(o){
//var decoded = Ext.decode(o.responseText);
modules = Ext.util.JSON.decode(o.responseText);
if (modules) {
Ext.each(modules, function(o){
arr.push(eval(o));
});
return arr;
}
else {
// error
}
},
failure: function(){
// error
},
scope: this,
url: 'test.php'
})

and the server return this

["new MyDesktop.GridWindow()","new MyDesktop.TabWindow()","new MyDesktop.OneWindow()","new MyDesktop.AccordionWindow()","new MyDesktop.subMenu()","new MyDesktop.BogusModule()","new MyDesktop.Preferences()"]

jonlb
15 Apr 2008, 9:35 AM
Hi!

I just tried loading up the demo but got an error. Here's what firebug shows:

this.menuel has no properties
addMenu(Object id=mainMenu items=[5] events=Object minWidth=120)lmtoolbar.js (line 124)
lmfisheyetoolbar(Object events=Object startConfig=Object isReady=false)lmtoolbar.js (line 140)
Desktop(Object events=Object startConfig=Object isReady=false)Desktop.js (line 28)
initApp()App.js (line 41)
Observable()ext-all.js (line 12)
EventManager()ext-all.js (line 13)

[Break on this error] var li = this.menuel.createChild({tag:'li'}, this.edge); // insert before the ...

Was there something done to break the demo or is it just on my side?

Thanks,
jonlb

atomantic
15 Apr 2008, 10:04 AM
The demo site is a nightly svn update. There was a bug and now it's fixed :)

jonlb
15 Apr 2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks, works great now!

jonlb

RyanZec
17 Apr 2008, 3:28 AM
This modification of the Desktop app that comes with the example looks pretty nice, I just wish is was not under the GPL license, I guess i can just use the source code that came with the example is build my own login system.

ZooKeeper
6 May 2008, 3:38 AM
Project haven't been active for a while now. Is there going to be any announcements regarding this?

hucmuc
6 May 2008, 6:22 AM
This modification of the Desktop app that comes with the example looks pretty nice, I just wish is was not under the GPL license, I guess i can just use the source code that came with the example is build my own login system.

Looks like it.

guyfomi
17 Nov 2010, 5:11 AM
really nice work, helped me a lot

thx