PDA

View Full Version : No Docs Generated

thejoker101
5 Feb 2007, 8:45 AM
When running JS Builder, we don't get any documentation generated. We aren't receiving any errors, either.

We were able to generate documentation when we ran jsdoc from the command line, however.

It seems to generate the documentation, as in it waits a while saying it is, but nothing is in the output directory for docs; the actual .js files are created though.

jheid
2 Jun 2007, 2:27 AM
Same thing here.

As there is no changes.txt in the SVN this one should be fixed so I can see the differences between the versions in the docs.

== Edit ==

I used the newest JSDoc and it seems that it doesn't generates docs for ext at all. When trying to generate them manually I get many "Loading sources from..." messages, but no "Completed generating documentation" when trying with the provided "test.js". Perhaps the ext files aren't compatible with the new JSDoc version? Or I have missed something... Strange.

jack.slocum
2 Jun 2007, 8:47 PM
JSDoc doesn't understand the Ext OO syntax. This is one of the reasons I wrote a parser.

jheid
2 Jun 2007, 11:24 PM
JSDoc doesn't understand the Ext OO syntax. This is one of the reasons I wrote a parser.

Okay. Then... What about including the generated docs in the SVN? I know that's a little bit of work and it would be outdated often but otherwise there's no chance to see the actual docs in HTML, or is there another possibility?

cgoss
5 Jun 2007, 6:24 PM
Since the docs do not build properly, the docs folder is empty, thus no index.html file to view examples. Any ideas on how to see some examples of 2.0 in action?

trbs
7 Jun 2007, 5:02 PM
FYI: i don't need the docs for viewing the examples. when you build Ext and have the ext files in the svn root directory, the examples work. You can view them by pointing your browser to an examples html file.

somthing like:
unix: file:///home/username/ext/examples/grid/array-grid.html
windows: file://c:\ext\examples\grid\array-grid.html

hope this helps.

cgoss
8 Jun 2007, 6:40 AM
Thanks, didn't notice those at first. Docs would still be nice though...

MoNKi
20 Aug 2007, 12:53 AM
I'm also trying to use JSBuilder to generate the docs of a library I'm done with the Ext sintax and no output is created in the docs folder. No errors on JsBuilder is shown.

stever
17 Sep 2007, 2:53 PM
I'm also trying to use JSBuilder to generate the docs of a library I'm done with the Ext sintax and no output is created in the docs folder. No errors on JsBuilder is shown.

Same here. Jack, if you have your own processor instead of jsdoc.pl, can you put it up somewhere so we can build docs??? Please!

extjs33
19 Oct 2007, 12:08 PM
When running JS Builder it is not necessary that we use documentation and also the chances of error will be reduces.

AnthonyViard
25 Nov 2008, 2:44 AM
Hi all,
First i wan't to say that i'm french so excuse me for my english mistake.
I 'm a newbie in devellopement and ExtJs user. For my job i have to make a JSdocumentation. First i found JSBuilder who can compil my prog and make my doc too.
But like some people here when i lunch JSB building i have three folders: source, build and docs.
But the last one is empty :-/

I have no error messages and i've instal ActivePerl and i've configure the path of the jsdoc.pl in JSBuilder from JSDoc 1.10.2 folder.

I don't understand why i've any doc generated and how i can do it.

If someone as some solutions for me...

Thanks

Viard Anthony

nctag
30 Apr 2009, 3:32 AM
I know this thread is a bit old. But I found anythingelse where my post would fit.
I have installed JSBuilder and generated docs. Then I installed ActivePerl and tried to create the docs. The output directory stays empty.

Now I see this way is not the right way. Can you give me inputs how I could generate the docs in an other way?

AnthonyViard
30 Apr 2009, 4:16 AM
http://code.google.com/p/ext-doc/

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55214

It working good, i've try it since 2 days and it maybe will help you to do your doc ;)

nctag
30 Apr 2009, 5:43 AM
Thank you very much I'll take a look into it.

nctag
30 Apr 2009, 6:24 AM
Now I've played a little bit with it an generated the sample file. For the whole Ext Framework do I have to add any file seperated or can I just add the ext-all-debug.js file? I ask you because I want to know how you do handle it? (it's clear that i'll try whether ext-all-debug is enough or not)

Thanky for your effort anyway.

AnthonyViard
30 Apr 2009, 6:41 AM
If i have understanding your question, you wan't to generate the Ext-js doc from ext-all-debug.js file ? But there is not doc comment in this file, like this :

/**
* @class Ext.Action
* <p>An Action is a piece of reusable functionality that can be abstracted out of any particular component so that it
* can be usefully shared among multiple components. Actions let you share handlers, configuration options and UI
* updates across any components that support the Action interface (primarily {@link Ext.Toolbar}, {@link Ext.Button}
* and {@link Ext.menu.Menu} components).</p>
* <p>Aside from supporting the config object interface, any component that needs to use Actions must also support
* the following method list, as these will be called as needed by the Action class: setText(string), setIconCls(string),
* setDisabled(boolean), setVisible(boolean) and setHandler(function).</p>
* Example usage:<br>
* <pre><code>
[...]
**/

/**
* @cfg {String} text The text to set for all components using this action (defaults to '').
*/

So i think it doesn't work, you need all the framework source files ;)

Maybe i'm wrong if i really don't understood what you wan't (i'm french, english is sometimes full of mystery for me :p)

nctag
30 Apr 2009, 7:52 AM
Merci beacoup pour ton effort. Oui tu as bièn reponds à ma question. C'était ça. Mais c'est vraiment rude de construit la fichier qui contends les sources. As-tu déjà fait ca et veux-tu le donne nous?

Thx for your effort. It's de thing I was looking for. But it's very hard to setup a file contains all sources of Ext Framework. Have you already done that work? And would you gave it to the community?