PDA

View Full Version : Saki's Accordion port to Ext 2.0 - poll

jsakalos
17 Dec 2007, 12:49 AM
Hi folks.

I'm planning to port my Accordion to Ext 2.0. As Ext 2.0 already contains the accordion layout I need to know which extra functionality is needed in new my ported version.

Therefore, I'd like to ask you to reply to this poll what new features you need most.

Thank you,

franckxx
17 Dec 2007, 1:46 AM
Oh REALLY good news !!

Thx to port your Accordion to V2.0.

I like your accordion and i would like to see same fonctionnalitys : dock, undock, drag'n drop, and savestate position.

byebye

galdaka
17 Dec 2007, 2:15 AM
State management.

Thanks in advance,

DigitalSkyline
17 Dec 2007, 8:03 PM
hey saki,
Just a note... I'm using the portal example to create an 'accordion', rather then the accordion layout. In this way I can dd, have independant panels, etc. I just use a side pane with a single column, and a main panel with dockable portlets between the 2.

The portal is not without its problems, but maybe a starting point for you?

jbr
14 Jan 2008, 3:32 AM
Hi, Thanks for your examples at first.
What i'd like to see, is to have the possibility to keep 1 panel open (not all may be closed).
Like pin the active one, but on open another move the pin to that one.

Edit:
hmm, sorry my mistake. I should have done a better search...
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13956

paquerette
19 Jan 2008, 7:28 AM
Hi Saki,

Is there any preview of your port to Ext2 ?

Paquerette.

jsakalos
19 Jan 2008, 9:46 AM
Not yet, I'm still completing one phase of another project.

paquerette
19 Jan 2008, 9:58 AM
Ok,

I'm porting my application to Ext2.

I'll go without your extension and then get your extension back in as soon as it will be available ;)

Thanks for your job ;)

akzhan
29 Jan 2008, 5:03 AM
Are you plan to implement your accordeon as layout?

As far as I know, layouts suppose most flexible way to do right things.

jsakalos
29 Jan 2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah, it will be layout. 'xaccordion' or 'uxaccordion'.

mhubert
1 Feb 2008, 10:10 PM
I also like the search in your current accordion -- can't yoiu just give us the whole thing ?

Thanks B)

sb32
18 Feb 2008, 12:21 PM
Just voted.. was tuff to not check everything. Thanks so much for your hard work man.

kNo
26 Feb 2008, 7:10 AM
I also want to use your extension with ext 2.x

jsakalos
26 Feb 2008, 7:22 AM
I also want to use your extension with ext 2.x

I need a couple of more weeks until I can start porting... You can use accordion layout of Ext 2.0 meanwhile - my port will be a "xaccordion" layout anyway.

kNo
26 Feb 2008, 7:29 AM
Ok, we will wait ;)
Thanks for your great work!

stephenk
16 Apr 2008, 8:10 AM
Any progress on a 2.x version of this extension? I need some of the features (independent panel, pinnable, auto-height) and can start adding them myself, but I don't want to duplicate work you might have already done.

jsakalos
16 Apr 2008, 1:17 PM
Not yet... :( Had more important thing to do (from my viewpoint)

scottpenrose
17 Jun 2008, 8:39 PM
I have a project that needs an Accordion view with panels that are dragable. The system being built has a dependence on the order of the things being searched. Basic requirements are:

* Accordion view as per Ext2
* Dragable re-order
* Ability to add/remove panels
* Ability to read the order

I think the V1 Accordion provides these, but we have done all the rest of the development on Ext2.

But this is a funded project, that has someone who understands Open Source.

What do you think?

Scott

acarapetis
2 Jul 2008, 3:49 PM
Any update on when (if?) this is going to happen? Would be very handy to have :)

jsakalos
2 Jul 2008, 11:57 PM
There is little demand for advanced accordion features. AccordionLayout is enough for many users, including myself so it is not at the top of my priorities list.

Chrish_40
30 Dec 2008, 12:16 PM
I am new to using EXTJS, so please excuse my dumb questions.

But, I tried installing your older version according in the EXTJS 2.0..with bad results. I am assuming from the posts that it won't work?

I am mainly trying to learn how to do the click a link in a panel and then open up a form on the other side..to do data entry.

But I liked alot of what you did...so guess the big question is will your older version work in 2.0?

Thanks for your time.

mjlecomte
30 Dec 2008, 3:35 PM
It won't work in 2 branch. Look at Saki's "component communication" example. That's better for learning anyway.

jsakalos
31 Dec 2008, 1:19 AM
http://examples.extjs.eu/?ex=compcomm
http://blog.extjs.eu/know-how/writing-a-big-application-in-ext

cdoniat
9 Jan 2009, 12:10 AM
Hello Saki,

My idea: I though about a remove button/function in each panel title bar of the accordion stack like pinned button/function

Ta,

cdoniat

Lmouse
21 Aug 2009, 12:15 AM
http://examples.extjs.eu/?ex=compcomm
http://blog.extjs.eu/know-how/writing-a-big-application-in-ext

Hey!
accordion,how drag ?

jsakalos
21 Aug 2009, 12:39 AM
I have no clue what are you asking.

ajay.ar
15 Sep 2009, 5:26 AM
hi Saki

Can u pls let me know if the drag drop thing is already available in latest build and if u have ur ported ur accordion ext for 1.0 to 2.0 3.0 pls let me know, thx i am in need of implementing drag and drop feature thx

jsakalos
15 Sep 2009, 11:37 AM
Each panel in Ext (2.x, 3.x) can be draggable. Of course, you need to write a drop code.