PDA

View Full Version : JS error on mobile browsers (iOS/Android)

jeanp
20 Jun 2012, 3:56 AM
Hi guys

My application works fine in mac/windows, in safari, chrome, IE... but when i try open it on ipad or android, the application doesnt open, it stays at "loading" page and shows a javascript error:

ext-all-debug.js:3728
Result of a expression near "...this, args || noArgs)..." [[object Object]] is not a valid argument for 'Funciton.prototype.apply'.

this line doesnt show me anything, someone have an idea about this error? we've a customized Store to integrate with our WCF/Odata services... maybe its something wrong with it?

sorry for my english, thanks in advance!

jeanp
20 Jun 2012, 6:24 AM
I've made some modifications, and found that the error seems occurs in 'this.callParent(arguments)' from a js of my application, ideas?

scottmartin
20 Jun 2012, 8:13 AM
Can you specify the API(s) that you are using? From your screen, this seems to a Touch app, but you are calling ext-all-debug?

Scott.

jeanp
20 Jun 2012, 8:22 AM
Can you specify the API(s) that you are using? From your screen, this seems to a Touch app, but you are calling ext-all-debug?

Scott.

Hi Scott, its a normal/desktop extjs application, NOT sencha touch!
i'm testing it in the iOS simulator of xcode (on real ipad occurs the same problem).

we just want make it open on mobile browser (the UI has some improvements to make a bit easy to use on a tablet)

scottmartin
20 Jun 2012, 8:31 AM
Do you have a real device for testing? I have several extjs apps running on ipad devices, and they work fine. It may be the simulator.

Please note that extjs is not officially supported, but should work in most cases.
Also make sure to use ext-all instead of ext-all-debug

Scott.

jeanp
20 Jun 2012, 8:44 AM
Do you have a real device for testing? I have several extjs apps running on ipad devices, and they work fine. It may be the simulator.

Please note that extjs is not officially supported, but should work in most cases.
Also make sure to use ext-all instead of ext-all-debug

Scott.

Yes, i've a real device and have the same problem.
Our team knows that for a real mobile experience, we need spend a time working on this, but we dont have all this time now.

anyway, thanks for the attention Scott!

scottmartin
20 Jun 2012, 8:49 AM
This may be of help:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9019381/function-apply-in-mobile-safari

Albeit a jquery related posted, perhaps you can override the call ...

Scott.

jeanp
20 Jun 2012, 9:26 AM
This may be of help:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9019381/function-apply-in-mobile-safari

Albeit a jquery related posted, perhaps you can override the call ...

Scott.

I'll try this, thanks!