PDA

View Full Version : Townhall Meeting: Teams now organizing to help Ext grow

rgraff
14 Feb 2007, 4:03 PM
We had a dozen or so people show up for the townhall meeting. Not everyone could stay the entire time. If you missed parts or all and are interested, pm me with your email address and I'll send you the transcript.

Here's the basic outcome:

Everyone, thanks for participating. A transcript of the meeting follows.

Here are the outcomes of the meeting:

We'll organize into 5 teams.

Tutorials: griffiti93, aaron C, animal
Website (Design, Content & CMS): Robert G., sid, Brian, davi
Translation: floaurus (french), davi (protuguese)
Evangelism: animal, graffiti93, aaron C
Forum Support: animal, tim

We also mention a 6th Team of code documentation, but I'll leave that to Jack and Brian to hash out as I don't think it's something that'll they'll want open.

Drupal seemed like the best CMS candidate, but the website team & Jack should decide ultimately.

We agreed to use Basecamp to organize in. I'll send out invites later today.

I need email addresses for Animal and Floaurus. Please pm me with your email address to get your basecamp invite.

More volunteers are still needed. Private message me with your email address and what teams you're interested in. I'll send you a basecamp invite.

-Robert

jon.whitcraft
14 Feb 2007, 4:46 PM
Thanks again Robert. I can't wait to get started.

mrgekko
15 Feb 2007, 5:11 AM
Hi everyone,

have been following the discussions and developement of Ext for a while, but not joined in on any level yet. Seeing you guys organizing, I thought it was time for me to start contributing as well. I'd like to join the translation team, taking care of the Swedish translation.

As soon as I have more experience with the Ext library, I see myself helping out with tutorials, forum support etc. as well.

Robert, I will PM you my email adress.

Regards,
Erik

jbowman
15 Feb 2007, 7:43 AM
Hi guys, I used to be really active here, but now I've gone from planning a wedding in August to planning to get married asap as there's a baby that will be due closer to August :)

I don't have a lot of time for my own personal project, or to help here at the moment. However, as Drupal has been mentioned as a possible CMS, it only took a few minutes for me to integrate some basic yahoo.ext functionality into Drupal 5, as seen here http://whasit.com

The one thing I would note though is that "forum" wise, Drupal is not as advanced as the phpbb system currently running.

Kudos to so many of you all jumping in to help Jack. Hopefully by next fall, i'll be able to offer my own support to you all as well. :)

TommyMaintz
15 Feb 2007, 8:29 AM
Hey guys,

I was in the middle of moving to a new house so i had no internet for 2.5 weeks.
I would love to help though.

First of all I can work on a dutch translation.
I would love to help at the forum support aswell.

Let me know if you need my help.

My yahoo account is tommymaintz@yahoo.com

Bobafart
15 Feb 2007, 10:56 AM
I was too busy and couldn't make it

Put me down for tutorials and please send me a transcript f the meeting

TommyMaintz
15 Feb 2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah, the transcript of the meeting would be very nice.

tommy.maintz@gmail.com

rgraff
15 Feb 2007, 7:54 PM
I accidently deleted a dozen private messages--apparently 'delete all' doesn't mean delete all marked.

If you sent me a private message in response to this post and I've not contacted you, please message me again.

Thanks,

Robert

manugoel2003
16 Feb 2007, 10:16 AM
I think Joomla is also very good CMS with a fast growing and active community.... I have not worked much on it, but I liked it in the first look (it is gorgeous too, no doubt about that)

jon.whitcraft
16 Feb 2007, 12:48 PM
manugoel,

we are using drupal. I've used Mambo and Joomla and i found them both very hard to write modules for and they didnt give you much flexablity with the home page out of the box.

manugoel2003
17 Feb 2007, 9:30 AM
anything that gets work done :)... I have very very less exp as far as CMSes are concerned