PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Ext between browser windows

mihaip007
3 Jul 2012, 10:37 AM
Hey there!

I was just wondering! I have tried many things to get this working and I know that people in the past mentioned it is not possible!

I have a main console from where I am launching various other applications with a standard javascript window.open. i don't like the fact that I have to include ext-all.js on each window over and over again as of course it loads to bandwith and speed..! Is there a way to reference the parent window's ext js and use that instance instead of loading the js file all over again?

Something like window.opener.getNewExt() which returns a NEW instance of Ext? Currently if I do something like that it seems to affect the parent window's application!

Any thoughts on this one?

All the best
Mihai

scottmartin
5 Jul 2012, 2:29 PM
You could use ext.js and load only what is needed .. or create your own all-classes.js using our SDk and only use what you need. As far as having a "parent" load of Ext and all other windows sharing this .. I am not aware of any method for doing this.

Scott.

mihaip007
6 Jul 2012, 12:15 AM
I thought as much! It would just be really faster loading if we could have some sort of a multi-application by using a base js from within a parent window!

Anyway thanks a lot..!
No idea if this would ever be on the agenda?

What I mean is something like var myExt = new top.opener.Ext or something similar..!

Thanks again...
Mihai