PDA

View Full Version : Combo box drop down layout contrainer behaviour

pavanVenugopal
3 Jul 2012, 10:19 PM
Hi Friends,

Just joined the forum, threads are very helpful, hope to find some answers for my questions.

I have developed a custom combo box component which will have option to select multiple values using check box. I am using a dialog window to hold the checkboxlistview component. The issue is when the component is in the tail end of the horizontal screen, it pops up and there is a gap between the component and the dialog window.

I could find that the solution(in ComboBox.restrict() method) for this to set the components.el().setTop(y) it works in some scenarios, but when the window is scrolled down the Y point value changes and behaves unpredictably(atleast for me).

Can anyone please let me know how to identify the dialog window of the combo box component dropping down/ shooting up based on its position(top/bottom) in the screen?.

Hope my explaination is clear enough. Please let me know if it needs clarification or reframing.

Thanks
Pavan

sword-it
3 Jul 2012, 11:42 PM
Hi,

May you provide code or screenshoots for better understanding the problem

pavanVenugopal
4 Jul 2012, 12:21 AM
i am basically trying to do this as per method in ComboBox component. pls find the method.

protected void restrict() {

list.el().setVisibility(false);
int w = Math.max(getWidth(), 70);
// int fh = footer != null ? footer.getHeight() : 0; setting this to constant 10
int fw = list.el().getFrameWidth("tb") + 10;
int h = listView.getHeight() + fw;
int mH = Math.min(maxHeight, Window.getClientHeight() - 10);
h = Math.min(h, mH);
list.setSize(w, h);
list.el().alignTo(getAlignElement(), listAlign, null);
h -= fw;
int width = w - list.el().getFrameWidth("lr");
listView.syncSize();
listView.setSize(width, h);
// if (pageTb != null) {
// pageTb.setWidth(width);
// }

// the below code is where the issue can be solved. basically, i need to set list.el().setTop(y); based on the decision if the
// layout container holding the values will drop down or shoot up based on its position.
int y = list.el().getY();
int b = y + h + fw;
int vh = XDOM.getViewportSize().height + XDOM.getBodyScrollTop();
if (b > vh) {
y = y - (b - vh) - 5;
list.el().setTop(y); // i have set this value if the value holder container droping up
}
list.el().setVisibility(true);
}

The standard combo box will not give any space between component and the list holder even when it shoots up, but in the custom one i have build, there is a gap. (2nd pic). As you can see since the component is renderd at the bottom of the screen the dialog comes above the component but with a gap.