PDA

View Full Version : Problem with "Welcome to Sencha Touch 2" example on ICS Samsung Nexus S

hillgr
10 Jul 2012, 10:06 AM
The "Welcome to Sencha Touch 2" example that is created when sencha generate app is used is not working on Ice Cream Sandwich v4.0.4

Steps to re-create:

Run: sencha generate app testapp ../testapp

Run: sencha package run packager.json

project builds fine and deploys to both android emulator and ios simulator

After the debug apk is installed on the Samsung Nexus S (ICS v4.0.4) and launched, it sits infinately at the 3 light blue dot loading screen. It will never move on from this.

When the same debug apk is installed on a Motorola Milestone xt720 (Gingerbread v.2.2.1) and launched, it works perfectly fine.

Here is my packager.json:

{
"applicationName":"testapp",
"applicationId":"com.company.testapp",
"versionString":"1.0",
"iconName":"resources/icons/Icon~ipad.png",
"inputPath":".",
"outputPath":"~/Desktop/testapp/",
"configuration":"Debug",
"platform":"Android",
"deviceType":"Universal",
"certificatePath":"/path/to/certificate.file",
"certificateAlias":"",
"sdkPath":"~/Documents/android-sdk-macosx/",
"androidAPILevel":"10",
"orientations": [
"portrait",
"landscapeLeft",
"landscapeRight",
"portraitUpsideDown"
]
}

Does anyone know if this is a known bug with either Ice Cream Sandwich or this specific device?

Thanks

mitchellsimoens
12 Jul 2012, 5:28 AM
Sounds like there is a JS error if it stops there.

shepsii
13 Jul 2012, 4:51 AM
try adding this to the top of the app.js file:

if(Ext.os.is.Android) { Ext.Loader.setConfig({ disableCaching: false }); }

Nares
18 Jul 2012, 4:57 AM
Updated app.js with referred code "
if(Ext.os.is.Android) { Ext.Loader.setConfig({ disableCaching: false }); }", but no luck so far. Still hangs on command sencha pakage run xxx.json

shepsii
18 Jul 2012, 4:58 AM
Wait is it hanging on the build or when you run it in an ICS device? Your two posts seem to say different things!

If at runtime on the phone, try debugging using adb logcat. Google that for some info on how to get it going, it will print any JS errors to a terminal on your computer.

Nares
18 Jul 2012, 5:08 AM
Thanks for your quick reply. Its on build. I do see folders asset, bin, libs, res, src and xml files generated on release build, but , on dos prompt, it still hanging.....not sure, if the build is complete. As well, please direct me next step(assuming build is proper), how it can be installed on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0(my 1st time on Android build). Thanks in advance.