PDA

View Full Version : Problem with preparing for ad-hoc distribution - using ST 2, Xcode 4.3.3, Phonegap1.9

kevinsbath
11 Jul 2012, 12:22 AM
Hi,

Having a very strange issue preparing a Sencha Touch app for distribution (ad-hoc) using Phonegap 1.9 and undertaking the process using Xcode.

If I create a Cordova project, and generate a base (ie. freshly generated) ST2 app, then drop the www contents into the Xcode www folder, I can build fine.

However, when I prepare for ad-hoc distribution using Xcode organiser, it fails with "Codesign operation failed - check that the identity you selected is valid".

I know there are no issues with the certs/profiles, as a plain ObjC or Phonegap app is fine, the error only appears when I am including the Sencha Touch code.

Having done a bit of googling, this can be fixed by renaming the following folders .

sdk/command/src/module/generate/App/app/ -> sdk/command/src/module/generate/App/_app/
/sdk/src/device/device/ -> /sdk/src/device/_device/

Anyone else had this error - and found a better workaround! I am unsure of the wider impact of renaming these folders on the code. Should I change the "requires" keys in the classes that use the classes in these folders?

rohdef
19 Jul 2012, 6:42 AM
Just had the same problem. No better solution from my part though. Epic fail to Apple for that bug, I have to wonder how it could even appear in the first place.

davide.cecconi
24 Jul 2012, 2:16 AM
It is a bug of 4.3, I resolve downgrade to 4.2