PDA

View Full Version : TypeError:’undefined’ is not an object while loading app on iOS 5

boniek
12 Jul 2012, 10:06 PM
Hello,
I've got problem with my application. Basically it won't load when I use iPad with iOS 5.1.1. It shows only wait indicator and after a few minutes I'm getting an Error:

JavaScript: Error

Undefined

TypeError:’undefined’ is not an object
On the other iPad with iOS 4.3 everything seems to be working fine.
Any thoughts what can cause it ?
Thanks!

shepsii
13 Jul 2012, 4:53 AM
Yeh I've had this before too. It is ugly to debug because safari doesn't give you a line number.

The error I had was even worse because on desktop safari it was fine. Yuck!

I wish I could tell you there's a magic way to fix it, but there isn't one that I know of... just lots of console.log()s at certain points in your app until you work out where execution is stopping. That was a fun 3 hours of my life !!

jap_ati
17 Jul 2012, 6:04 AM
I've managed to recreate the same problem by going to Kitchen Sink (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/production/kitchensink/) in Safari (5.1.7, Win7) and by using iPhone (iOS 5.1.1). The only trick was to enter Private Browsing mode in Safari.

Javascript Console gave me:
TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 't.assets')
/deploy/touch/examples/production/kitchensink/:9

Looks like a problem with microloader/production.js, when HTML5 localStorage is blocked by Private Browsing in Safari.

themightychris
27 Sep 2012, 11:30 AM
I've verified this in the latest public/working ST2 and SDK tools beta3

This makes all apps crash and burn silently on any iOS device with private browsing enabled. Why hasn't this been marked as a bug? Will it be resolved in CMD / ST2.1? Can we get a patch for existing apps built with ST2.0 and SDKtoolsB3?