PDA

View Full Version : ExtJS 4.1.1: website not loading in IE8 if not added to Trusted list

gchalissery
16 Jul 2012, 11:57 PM
Hello,

The website I am working on ExtJs 4.1.1 is not loading in InternetExplorer8 (v8.0.7601.17514). Works in IE9, Chrome and Firefox. In IE8, it just displays a blank page. If the website is added to the Trusted list in IE8, it is loading.

Ext version: 4.1.1.
Checked with 4.1.0 also. Same issue exists.

Browser versions tested against:

IE8, IE9
Google Chrome
Firefox
Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2

Please help me to resolve this as early as possible.
Thanks!

arthurakay
17 Jul 2012, 5:39 AM
I don't think that should have anything to do with JavaScript.

What happens if you remove all ExtJS and JavaScript from the page? Do you still have the issue?

scottmartin
17 Jul 2012, 8:48 AM
Also, are there any console errors?
A simple misplaced comma can cause IE to halt and display a blank page.

Scott.

friend
17 Jul 2012, 9:17 AM
Ah, the joys of Internet Explorer...

If I remember correctly, starting with Internet Explorer 7 (maybe 8?) they locked down the 'local machine zone', where any script you try to execute in a local HTML/JSP page is blocked from loading.

The first way to get around the problem was via the Trusted Sites whitelist, as you've already found, but even that sometimes wouldn't do the trick.

Another way around this is to add the "Mark of the Web" to your pages, which fools I.E. into thinking that your pages are being loaded from the Internet Zone.

Cut and paste the comment below into the <head> section of your page and IE will stop bitchin' and get in the kitchen...

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->

gchalissery
17 Jul 2012, 11:43 PM
I don't think that should have anything to do with JavaScript.

What happens if you remove all ExtJS and JavaScript from the page? Do you still have the issue?

I have an ajax loader image in the login page and it is loading perfectly. That means the site is loading as expected in IE8 right?

gchalissery
17 Jul 2012, 11:45 PM
Also, are there any console errors?
A simple misplaced comma can cause IE to halt and display a blank page.

Scott.

Hi Scott,
There is no console error. And let me tell you again that when I have add the site in trusted list it is loading for me perfectly.

gchalissery
17 Jul 2012, 11:46 PM
Ah, the joys of Internet Explorer...

If I remember correctly, starting with Internet Explorer 7 (maybe 8?) they locked down the 'local machine zone', where any script you try to execute in a local HTML/JSP page is blocked from loading.

The first way to get around the problem was via the Trusted Sites whitelist, as you've already found, but even that sometimes wouldn't do the trick.

Another way around this is to add the "Mark of the Web" to your pages, which fools I.E. into thinking that your pages are being loaded from the Internet Zone.

Cut and paste the comment below into the <head> section of your page and IE will stop bitchin' and get in the kitchen...

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->

Hi friend,
I think you have found the actual problem, but unfortunately the fix didn't work for me. :-(

gchalissery
18 Jul 2012, 3:06 AM
Even the url http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples/ is not loading in IE 8.0.7601.17514. :-(

friend
18 Jul 2012, 3:28 AM
After carefully re-reading your initial post, I see what the problem is:

Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows Server is super restrictive when it comes to local browser execution, scripts, etc. I bet you'll find that your code works fine on a Windows 7 client machine.

gchalissery
18 Jul 2012, 11:05 PM
Windows Server is super restrictive when it comes to local browser execution, scripts, etc. I bet you'll find that your code works fine on a Windows 7 client machine.

Hi friend,

You were right; I checked on a Windows 7 machine with IE8 and the site is loading. On my dev machine (Server 2008 R2), the site loads when localhost is used, but doesn't work when web url is used.
Also, even the url http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples/)/ is not loading in IE8 on Server 2008 R2.