PDA

View Full Version : ExtJs Grid Panel row header (to display extra information)

saeedmalik
29 Jul 2012, 3:46 AM
Hello,

We are intended to use grid panel to draw a grid with header row for each grid row to display some extra information. I know i can use rowbody to do similar job but that is rendered at the bottom of each row.

Can you please share your thoughts how we can achieve this task gracefully. I have attached the detailed screenshot of what we are trying to achieve.

Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Saeed

scottmartin
29 Jul 2012, 9:45 PM
Several thoughts:

a)
Use the grouping plugin to divide each set and customize the CSS to make it look like you want.
http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples/grid/groupgrid.html
(removing icons, line, etc..)

b)
Make each odd row draw 1 long cell with centered text:

Scott.

saeedmalik
29 Jul 2012, 11:59 PM
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply, yes it makes sense to use grouping and customise the CSS.

Considering the other requirements to process each cell and attach additional CSS(s), Context Menu etc.
What are your thoughts about extending the grid panel's rendering, if you think in favour of this can you please give me some hints (Classes & Possibly the areas of interest which needs customisation) or relevant examples to do this.

Regards,
Saeed

scottmartin
30 Jul 2012, 6:11 AM
Actually I have formed the same in a payroll application that displays a fill page of rendered cells for employees in a group grid. It displays fine using the column renderer:

Scott.