PDA

View Full Version : Error in 4.1 samples and examples using chrome ?

waqar
1 Aug 2012, 1:11 AM
Hi I am using chrome version 20.0.1132.57 m

When there is some value in field and is selected using mouse left key and dragged to right side of the field (complete component) shifts to left while dragging the mouse to right.
This issue exist in many sample on Ext Samples attached are the screen shots below...

My question is what is happening it doesn't looks good and user has no other option unless he reloads the page again, My apologies if it is asked already some where I googled before posting it here but didn't find any answer.37660
Another example : (and ther are many other places)

Can some body please explain this behavior ?

scottmartin
1 Aug 2012, 5:34 PM
I do not see this behavior on any of our examples. I am using the same version of chrome.
Version 20.0.1132.57

Have you seen this on an other PC? Does this happen when running example locally?

Scott.

waqar
1 Aug 2012, 9:41 PM
Hi Scott, its very easy to reproduce and is specific to chrome:

Machine : Windows XP / 7
Browser : Chrome Version 20 [Detailed version is Given in my first post]

Steps :
1 - Goto : http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples/form/hbox-form.html (or any form using Hbox or more then 2 columns)

2 - Enter any data / chraracters in textFields in any of the column.
3 - Selected the typed value using mouse left key as we do for copy paste normally and drag mouse from left to right as you want to select complete value.
4 - now (while holding the left button and dragging to right) as you go to the end of the form border on right side and as you cross the limit of the form or browser all the feilds will shift towards the left.

I am not sure if its a bug, or else I can report it, I want to have expert point of view first, if you acknowledge that yes its weird or a bug then I can report it other wise there would be some thing I am missing, which you can help ?

here is another screen shot from example : (Form 3 in below link , screen shot is also attached)
http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples/form/dynamic.html

I hope it helps , but if not , I can upload and share a video of reproducing it, its not a rare case people do a lot of copy paste in routine work you know!!

I do not see this behavior on any of our examples. I am using the same version of chrome.
Version 20.0.1132.57

Have you seen this on an other PC? Does this happen when running example locally?

Scott.

dawesi
1 Aug 2012, 9:56 PM
I concur. it's scrolling off without scrollbars.

waqar
1 Aug 2012, 10:09 PM
yep!
The form goes out of focus , I am playing with flex to see if I can catch this issue, it is not happening in FireFox or Explorer, its specific to Chrome and occurs both in 4.0 and 4.1

scottmartin
2 Aug 2012, 7:02 AM
Confirmed .. but I noticed this has been corrected in latest version. Tested OK.

If you have access to the Support Portal, you can download this update.

Regards,
Scott.

waqar
2 Aug 2012, 9:18 PM
yes I do have access to support portal, I was expecting it to be some small understanding issue though!

Confirmed .. but I noticed this has been corrected in latest version. Tested OK.

Regards,
Scott.

fy_kenny
12 Sep 2012, 12:45 AM
Hello, Scott,
How can i fix the bug in old version?
Should I modify the extjs source?
Please let me know.
Thx
Kenny

Regards,
Scott.

scottmartin
12 Sep 2012, 4:19 AM
This depends if the issue related other issues that were also fixed, or just a few lines of code. In most cases it is simply easier to upgrade to the next version.

You can of course override the existing code and fix the problem if this is not possible.

Scott.

kgallardo
18 Sep 2012, 3:21 AM
Hello Scott, I am using 4.1 and purchased its license when started development so that means I must have access to support portal ? this same ID was registered for support that time, can you please guide me or give the link to the support portal ?

I need patch / or update for this issue so that I can make a relaese.

Thanx.

Regards,
Scott.

scottmartin
18 Sep 2012, 4:27 AM
Please send me a PM with your account details and I will have a look. You should be able to login to the portal. This would have been a separate login sent by email.

Scott.