PDA

View Full Version : [2.0] Mulitselect delimiter problem

lessthantristan
17 Jan 2008, 9:05 PM
ext-base.js and Ext.ux.Multiselect extension
firefox, linux (32bit ubuntu)

When selecting multiple values in a Multiselect widget the submitted form escapes the delimiters used to separate the different values and thus is interpreted as a single value.

ie: alert(this.getForm().getValues(true)); shows "values=2%2C3" where it should show "values=2,3" (i think)

i'm submitting the form to django, and because of this problem i have to do some extra work arounds in python to save my forms correctly from extjs.

there is a high possibility that i have no idea what i'm talking about, and that what i suspect the cause of the problem is, is actually not it. but eitherway, i'm getting a single string containing all the values in my POST values from the Multiselect widget, where a classic html select box gives me a list of values.

here is my submit function:

submit: function() {
Ext.Ajax.request({
form: Ext.getCmp('upload-workflow-form').getForm().getEl().dom,
url: submit_url,
success: sfn,
failure: ffn
});
}

mystix
17 Jan 2008, 9:11 PM
moving this to the "User Extensions and Plugins" forum since Ext.ux.Multiselect is not part of the official Ext distribution. ;)

p.s. you might want to post in the original Multiselect thread instead so the Ext.ux author knows about your issue

p.s.s. if it's an actual bug in the official build, start a new report in 2.0 Bugs with a link back to this thread. thanks