PDA

View Full Version : Setting up an app test case

bimargulies
6 Aug 2012, 8:11 AM
I'm trying to cook up a test case for a scolling problem with 4.1.0. When I put a cut-down app into jsfiddle, it (a) has no option to use the debug version of ext, and (b) most of my panels render themselves invisible.

Is this a viable approach, or should I just be setting up a trivial war file with a little forest of .js files in it making up the test case?

In case anyone is feeling charitable, here's a link to the fiddle so far.

http://jsfiddle.net/bimargulies/yHuz2/

scottmartin
6 Aug 2012, 10:00 AM
jsFiddle is good for showing visible solutions/problems, but not recommended for debugging your app. Please create a small stand-alone example.

Scott.

bimargulies
6 Aug 2012, 10:04 AM
Do you want me posting tarballs of apps including your 'commercial' versions to the public versions?

scottmartin
6 Aug 2012, 10:40 AM
Perhaps I am missing the point ...

Your test case you presented in jsFiddle .. does it display the problem you are having?
I do not see any detailed info on your actual problem.

The code (test case) that displays your problem is all we need, as you presented in jsFiddle.

You lost me on your last comment about the tar files.

Scott

bimargulies
6 Aug 2012, 10:59 AM
The fiddle displayed a number of misbehaviors that came before the one I wanted to complain about. With 4.1.1, it now is a reasonable demonstration of my original scrolling problem. So I've updated another thread that talks about the original scrolling behavior to point to the fiddle, and we can close this one out.