PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Inaccessible deploy window

mehran
12 Aug 2012, 4:12 AM
Hi

I'm using Sencha Architect 2 version 2.0.0 build 442 and I've got a rather silly problem. I've created a couple of windows in my project . As I was working on my project I could see that the position of deploy window goes higher and higher as the number of my windows grow. Now that I've got quiet a few of them, when I press F5 to deploy, the confirmation window appears way too high. In fact it goes out of my screen and out of my reach so I can not press the affirmation key and since the default key is the cancel, I can not approve the confirmation no matter what. I tried all the keys I could think of but it seems there's no key for that. Now I can not deploy my latest windows.

Would someone please tell me how can I overcome this problem?

Thanks,
Mehran

aconran
12 Aug 2012, 9:59 PM
That does seem odd. I haven't seen this reproduced. Does this happen after quitting and re-opening the app? :-/

mehran
13 Aug 2012, 5:40 AM
This is a completely reproducible bug, you just need to create an empty project and populate it. Create a window and put three grid panels in it. Remember not to assign any store to the grids so they generate a warning when you deploy. Now duplicate the window thirty times. This is enough for me to get the deploy window half way out of my screen. If you keep duplicating the window (with three grid panels in it) it will eventually go off the screen.
Right now I managed to deploy my project using a bigger screen. But it's matter of time before it goes off my screen again. Please list this as a bug and fix it in near future.

Thanks,
Mehran

aconran
14 Aug 2012, 1:55 PM
Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were saying that the window was moving but it was growing in height.

This bug was reported earlier and is already fixed in today's Sencha Architect 2.1 release.
www.sencha.com/blog/sencha-architect-2-1

mehran
15 Aug 2012, 3:08 AM
No! You understood it correctly, the window might be changing the size but it's definitely moving as well. And I've just installed the 2.1.0 build 584 version and it still got the problem. Please restate this bug report so it will get fixed.

aconran
15 Aug 2012, 8:09 AM
Would you be able to provide screenshots/video?

What operating system/version are you on?

mehran
15 Aug 2012, 9:30 PM
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 - 64bit and here are two images captured off my screen. I have duplicated the mentioned window furthermore in the second image so you can see how the deployment window is going out of the screen.

And here's the project file:

Try to deploy it and hopefully you'll see the problem.

mehran
17 Aug 2012, 3:15 AM
It also happens in Windows 7 64bit

mehran
21 Aug 2012, 12:13 AM
Just wanted to inform you guys that this bug still exists in the newest build (588)

aconran
31 Oct 2012, 2:53 PM
mehran, I was never able to reproduce this for 588 but I've also been trying to reproduce it in 640. Are you still encountering this issue?

mehran
1 Nov 2012, 3:02 AM
Dear Aaron,

I apologize for not reporting this sooner, thankfully this bug is fixed within 640 build. But don't get me wrong, as far as 588 build goes, it was easily producible for me! In 640 build the "Missing Store(s)" window is located in the center of screen and easily accessible.

Thanks,
Mehran

aconran
1 Nov 2012, 7:56 AM