PDA

View Full Version : Updated to Architect 2.1 now project preview is blank

rfinn
14 Aug 2012, 3:15 PM
I can see it loading all the files, but nothing shows up now nor does the console report any warnings or errors. Tried reverting to Architect 2.0, but when I use that installer I still end up with 2.1. Really wishing I had ignored that upgrade prompt. When I deploy it keeps deploying the same 4 files (only one of which I edited). WTF

Help, have a demo tomorrow and now I can't work on this project.

EDIT: look like debug turned off by default. Don't do that.

aconran
14 Aug 2012, 3:51 PM
To downgrade go into the following directory and remove all files with a build # higher than 442. ie "xds-2.1.0.000584.ion"

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0\

Windows Vista/7
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0\

Linux
~/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Architect 2.0/

Mac OS X
~/Library/Application Support/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Architect 2.0/

If there are no errors being thrown. Is anything in the dom? do you have a view marked as the initial view? I'd be willing to take a look at the project if you'd post it here or send it to designer.feedback at sencha.com.

aconran
14 Aug 2012, 3:54 PM
Take a look at this too
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?237176-Architect-2.1-Released&p=871678&viewfull=1#post871678

apsq
15 Aug 2012, 2:44 AM
It would be really useful if SA behaved sensibly under Linux and allowed us to install several versions side-by-side.

rfinn
15 Aug 2012, 3:06 AM
We're good now, but we had some issues. What threw us off were:
1.) Debug turned off by default where previously it was enabled by default.
2.) Unable to revert to 2.0.
3.) The generated portion of a class override on a store was failing for being self-referential. This had been working.

I still get prompted every time I load 2.1 (build 584) to install a minor update, which I already have installed.

aconran
15 Aug 2012, 9:46 AM
It would be really useful if SA behaved sensibly under Linux and allowed us to install several versions side-by-side.

This is part of a larger issue on all operating systems. We are aware and looking to address it.

aconran
15 Aug 2012, 9:50 AM
1.) Debug turned off by default where previously it was enabled by default.

This was an oversight.

2.) Unable to revert to 2.0.

Correct, you do however have a backup (as an xda) of what your project was and you can open that in 2.0.

3.) The generated portion of a class override on a store was failing for being self-referential. This had been working.
The preferred format/style for overrides has been changed. We don't touch the override file, we just treat it as text. The requires do go in a different place in 4.1. Perhaps we should have done a simple parse job and put the requires in the application node in the event you were still using the old syntax... We'll discuss as a team.

I still get prompted every time I load 2.1 (build 584) to install a minor update, which I already have installed.
Is this still happening?