PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Override problems in 2.1

zmagyar
15 Aug 2012, 2:07 AM
Upgrading a project to 2.1 got some issues with overrides.

1) The override definition used in the previous version doesn't work anymore. If you got an override defined in 2.0 and you upgrade your project to 2.1 then your app won't start and the console reports circular reference errors.

2) If you recreate your overrides in 2.1 then it will start working in the browser. However it looks like packager can not resolve the dependencies defined on the new way and misses all the override classes during packaging. Therefore the packaged application will not work due to the missing overrides.

charles.bourasseau
15 Aug 2012, 4:20 AM
Same problems here :(

zmagyar
15 Aug 2012, 4:27 AM
I have tried to work around the packaging problem on several ways but none of them worked so far. If anyone knows any reasonable workaround it would be well appreciated.

charles.bourasseau
15 Aug 2012, 4:52 AM
It seams to work for me now, I just use the sencha architect 2.1 way:

Delete old override
Create new override

I did this several times cause it doesn't work immediately but I don't know why it works now...

zmagyar
15 Aug 2012, 5:16 AM
That approach solves the issue 1) mentioned above. But packaging is still not working as described at 2)

aconran
15 Aug 2012, 10:01 AM
1) The override definition used in the previous version doesn't work anymore. If you got an override defined in 2.0 and you upgrade your project to 2.1 then your app won't start and the console reports circular reference errors.
This is true because the location of the overrides has moved. We're looking to see what we can do about making this easier on users.

2) If you recreate your overrides in 2.1 then it will start working in the browser. However it looks like packager can not resolve the dependencies defined on the new way and misses all the override classes during packaging. Therefore the packaged application will not work due to the missing overrides.

Architect is following the preferred new way of doing things in Ext JS 4.1. The build tools are being updated to handle the new format as reported by Don Griffin.
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?237217-2.1-Overrides-included-within-a-class-are-loaded-async-not-good-for-builds&p=871629&viewfull=1#post871629

zmagyar
15 Aug 2012, 10:43 AM
Architect is following the preferred new way of doing things in Ext JS 4.1. The build tools are being updated to handle the new format as reported by Don Griffin.
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?237217-2.1-Overrides-included-within-a-class-are-loaded-async-not-good-for-builds&p=871629&viewfull=1#post871629

It wasn't really wise to release this version of Architect before the compatible SDK tools. Now all of your serious users (the ones using overrides) are in trouble. I guess the only option for us to downgrade as there is no info about the expectable release date of the compatible SDK tools. It is very sad as 2.1 seems to be a significant step forward.