PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] SA 2.1 - TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating 'baseParts[1]') - No Views

rbraddy
17 Aug 2012, 10:05 PM
A few days ago, I upgraded to SA 2.1... I just went back to a project I haven't worked on lately and now when I open the project file in SA 2.1, I get the following error message while the project is loading (and then all my Views are missing from the inspector window)

TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating 'baseParts[1]')

This is kind of scary when you're working on important projects and stuff like this just seemingly randomly happens ...

Any suggestions?

aconran
17 Aug 2012, 10:37 PM
This section of code inside of Architect is trying to build a url form the url prefix and a passed url.

What is your urlPrefix set to? Do you have a url set for a proxy, image or other component?

rbraddy
17 Aug 2012, 10:48 PM
This section of code inside of Architect is trying to build a url form the url prefix and a passed url.

What is your urlPrefix set to? Do you have a url set for a proxy, image or other component?

The URL prefix was incorrectly set; however, it's perplexing why that would cause the entire SA product to fail. And the error message isn't very helpful (obviously).

Anyway, I managed to recover by going back to an earlier version several days back.

Thanks.

aconran
18 Aug 2012, 7:04 PM
Agreed. Could you tell us what your URL prefix was set to to ensure that we can provide some better error handling?

rbraddy
18 Aug 2012, 8:32 PM
It was set to a virtual directory of my Apache web server; e.g., "/myroot/", which was above where the project was located:

/myroot/applets/myproject

where myproject is one of my SA projects. I opened the project file:

/myroot/applets/myproject/myproject.xds

This was obviously incorrect, but I was only editing the project file with SA locally (not using Preview or Deploy at all). The error happened when I first loaded the project file.

Thanks.
Rick

dfoelber
23 Aug 2012, 6:23 AM
Hi,

A fix has been put in to handle these cases more gracefully, it will be included in the next update.

rbraddy
23 Aug 2012, 10:59 AM
Thanks!