PDA

View Full Version : New in Sancha Touch- Need the startup help

rickystanley76
18 Aug 2012, 9:28 AM
Hello Everybody
I am very new in Sencha touch 2(started yesterday). I need some help.
Let me tell you what i did:
In my Xampp we server in Mac i have htdocs/xampp/senchaTouch2 (open source version) also installed the SDK
Then i have done Getting started tutorial http://www.sencha.com/learn/getting-started-with-sencha-touch-2/ which is working fine with me web server.
Now i downloaded the code from Sencha learn github the Tabs and Toolbars code. and put it in a folder in folder /htdocs/xampp/tabsntools.
But when acess it from the browser, it shows blank screen.
My question is after putting the sample code from the sencha learn, do i have to do anything in the command line build/create or anything.
I will really appreciate your help in this regards.
Thanks in advance.
Ricky D'Cruze

digeridoopoo
18 Aug 2012, 3:09 PM
First of all, please be careful about double posting. Secondly, you will need to learn about debugging and finding errors. If you right-click in the safari window (blank screen) and choose inspect element, console section see if there are any errors. You will most likely see an error relating to Ext xxxx missing. Perhaps you don't have the sencha touch library in the right folder according to the index.html file. Open the index.html file and see where it points to the library. Here you can see where it expects the library to be, and you can copy from the Sencha Touch download into the right folder.

Hope this helps,

:-)