PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] userClassName, userAlias not in Configpanel and not able to add them

msinn
23 Aug 2012, 6:24 AM
REQUIRED INFORMATION
Architect Build tested:

Build: 558

Project Type:

ExtJS 4.1.x

Description:

userClassName and userAlias aren't shown in the Config Panel. When I try to add them, then I get the message "Attempted to add a property that allready exists"

Steps to reproduce the problem:

add a grid to the canvas, try to set userClassName

The result that was expected:

as in the description

The result that occurs instead:

as in the description

HELPFUL INFORMATION
Screenshot, Project, or Video:

not attached

Possible fix:

not provided

Operating System:

Win7

msinn
23 Aug 2012, 7:25 AM
I really need a solution for this ASAP.
What should I do, reinstall SA?
Can somebody confirm this bug on the GridPanel?

aconran
23 Aug 2012, 1:49 PM
Cannot confirm this bug. Can you create some screenshots/video? I suspect you're doing something unexpected in your workflow.

msinn
23 Aug 2012, 11:04 PM

As you see, the Viewport has the properties in Config, but the GridPanel.
I'm was not able to update to 558 over SA, I had to download an replace the ion file.

msinn
23 Aug 2012, 11:56 PM
I uninstalled SA and removed all the files from its directory and users AppData on Win7 then I reinstalled it again an have now the same issue. I'm not able to use the userAlias and userClassName of GridPanel in Config.
I'll send you the project archive too.

aconran
24 Aug 2012, 7:21 AM
This is not a bug, this is by design. userClassName and userAlias are only configurable on top level classes.

If you look at the code view you will see that these configurations go into the top of a class definition.

Ext.define('MyApp.view.BarChart', {
extend: 'Ext.chart.Chart',
alias: 'widget.mychartalias',

With the above example, MyChart is the userClassName and mychartalias is the userAlias.

Why are you trying to set these configurations? If its so you get a more meaningful name in the inspector, you should use the displayName config. This allows you to name the particular component you're working with, without affecting the code gen at all.

If you truly need a full subclass, you can right click on an individual node and click "Promote to Class". Once it has become a full subclass it will then have userClassName and userAlias.

msinn
26 Aug 2012, 9:53 PM
Yes, you have right. I forgot to promote my grid to a class :) - beginner trip, sorry