PDA

View Full Version : Tree/TreeStore mixing checkboxes and radio buttons

sneller
2 Sep 2012, 3:02 PM
Hi All,

I'm trying to see if the extjs will be a viable library for us to use. One of the main components we want to use is the menu.

I need control over the icons, per node events and tree state, from what I see the extjs library offers this.

The thing I am stuck on is the radio buttons. I see you can have check boxes on each node. What I need is a node with some options as radio buttons.

eg:

-- Main Menu
---- [x] Option 1
---- [ ] Option 2
---- Sub Menu 1
------ [ ]Option1
------ [x] Option
---- Sub Menu 2
------ ( ) Exclusive option 1
------ (*) Exclusive option 2
------ ( ) Exclusive Option 3

So as you see above main menu and sub menu 1 use check boxes, in sub menu 2 only one of the children can be selected.

I have seen some majorly complicated rendrrers and classes written for extjs to attmpt to do this but I want to know if there are any native options for this. I don't want to have to have to extend the extjs API for this, if I am going to do that I might as well just write my own component.

Any suggestions and help greately appreciated.

Thanks

mitchellsimoens
17 Sep 2012, 6:28 AM
The checkbox is really just a div with background images so it'd be trivial to change that via CSS. You would have to have your own logic to only have one child node selectable for a parent node though. Don't think it'd be too hard really