View Full Version : [FIXED] Deploy not working in Windows 8

paulcardo
4 Sep 2012, 2:04 PM
Architect Build tested:

2.1 Build: 588
Project Type:

Ext JS 4.1
Description:

I pressed [Deploy] button and copied 0 files.
Steps to reproduce the problem:

Press [Deploy] button
The result that was expected:

This should have copied the modified files
The result that occurs instead:

no copied files
HELPFUL INFORMATION

After press [Deploy] it is the message received:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SenchaArchitect>xcopy "C:\ASTsvn\AST\branches\build.1.30\Ext\Management" "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Management" /exclude:C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\exclude.txt /s /e /y /d /i 0 File(s) copied

Copying those lines to the command prompt, on execute it responds: Access is denied

Possible fix:

not provided
Operating System:

Windows 8

paulcardo
4 Sep 2012, 2:58 PM
I could deploy the files running the command prompt plus "Run as administrator".

execute:
xcopy "C:\ASTsvn\AST\branches\build.1.30\Ext\Management" "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Management" /exclude:C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\exclude.txt /s /e /y /d /i

result:
All modified files were copied

Phil.Strong
7 Sep 2012, 6:16 AM
So this appears to be a file permission issue.

Installed Win8 and IIS and as I suspected by default write permission is turned off for Users

right click Management and select security -> edit ...

At this point I selected Users and gave them write permissions but you can decide how to best setup permissions.

jbender11
14 Sep 2012, 6:34 PM
I experienced the same problem on Windows 7. I have been working on an Architect project for several weeks and suddenly when I deployed my changed code, the post deploy dialog indicates 0 files copied. It turns out to be a file/folder permissions problem. I am deploying to the Tomcat 7 webapp folder on my local drive. I don't know how or why the permissions were changed on that folder but resetting the permissions, solved the problem and now I can deploy. (Right click on folder, properties, Security, Edit).

Architect Dev Team Suggestion: Could the deploy process detect the folder permissions issue and post a different message to the user? That would save us poor slobs a huge amount of time investigating why code not deployed. Thx
John