PDA

View Full Version : Touch 2 on iOS: Selecting Text and Blurring Input

larse503
11 Sep 2012, 12:37 PM
As far as I can tell, in mobile safari on my iPhone 4 running iOS5.1, it is default behavior to be able to -

1) select, copy/paste any text
2) dismiss the keyboard (blur a field) by clicking anywhere on the document outside of the focused field

Both of these features seem to somehow be "overridden" in Touch 2. How do I get them working again?

The copy/pasting of text is most frustrating. I've tried to change the -webkit-user-select property to "text" like

{
-webkit-user-select: text!important;
}

And even more interesting, I started up my app on my computer in chrome (which I also cannot select any text in) I then deleted ALL of the HTML from the application, and added one single div to the DOM that says "hey." Even after that, I'm still not able to select the "hey" text. Something in the Javascript?

Thanks a ton,
Mark

mitchellsimoens
13 Sep 2012, 6:51 AM
The reason why we do this is the scroller can then start selecting text and popping up to copy as you are scrolling providing a poor user experience.

larse503
13 Sep 2012, 7:26 AM
That makes sense. Is there a way to override this feature, though? In some pieces of an application, copying and pasting is verying necessary, and scrolling might not be.

Thanks,
Mark

pavel.stupka
19 Sep 2012, 10:09 AM
Ok, I understand - but why not to implement a timer and use a delay before selecting the text?

larse503
24 Oct 2012, 8:08 PM
Bump... somebody surely must know how to override the disabling of the text selection? Is it something in the javascript?

Mark

phweeyee
1 Sep 2013, 7:29 PM
Hi Mark,

I faced the same problem as you. Did you found any solution to enable text select in dataview?