PDA

View Full Version : getting folder path

vijayasarathi
27 Sep 2012, 12:09 AM
How to select a local folder to save newly created file

please help ............

I tried with using "filefield"....

but the problem this is for uploading a file so its getting the path upto afile level........

but i need a path up to a folder level...so that newly created files can be saved at that location

thank you

vijayasarathi
27 Sep 2012, 1:57 AM
is there any option or else i need to override the functionality of "filefield" xtype...

any suggestions?????????????????

danguba
27 Sep 2012, 4:29 AM
I don't think there is a way to do that in JS. It would be huge security risk. Just let user choose where file should be saved

vijayasarathi
27 Sep 2012, 6:34 AM
thank you for the reply....

but In my application i giving a backup operation operation so that the user can get backup of database
in aperticular location...In order to implement this i am giving browsing option to select the location where this backup file should be generated...

For this situation i need a solution so that i can only the folder path.......

danguba
27 Sep 2012, 6:55 AM
I'm not sure I'm following you... Why don't you just let user download file and save it wherever?

vijayasarathi
27 Sep 2012, 8:36 PM
the application is like..........

using the application a user will enter some data.if he wants to get the total data which is in the database.So to do this the application providing an option to select location using browse button where the whole data will be saved as zipped file

danguba
28 Sep 2012, 12:08 AM
You won't be able to achieve that using JS. Workaround would be to zip your file, place it somewhere on server and let user download it.