PDA

View Full Version : [INFOREQ] Problem activating software - "A communication error has occurred"

kristinek
28 Sep 2012, 12:44 AM
I downloaded Sencha Architect and opted for the 30 day trial. I then decided to purchase a licence, which was purchased for me by our IT department, and I now have the 40 digit Activation Code.

When I try to activate the software by entering my password (which I assume is the same password as account I use to log onto the forum, as the application does not specify) and the 40 digit code. However, when I click activate, a message appears above the label "password" saying: "A communication error has occurred."

I'm running Windows 7, the PC is connected to the internet with no other connection issues. Where am I going wrong here? Help would be much appreciated.

hmcdaniel12
29 Oct 2012, 1:45 PM
Four developers were able to activate, the fifth is not.. gets this message. Also how can we manage who has activated for a license key, such as to deactivate a license for someone who left our company?

vpelc73
29 Oct 2012, 2:35 PM
Usually when a communication error occurs, it is because the user is behind a proxy or firewall. If this is the case, and you are not able to configure your settings, please send an e-mail to Architect.Feedback@sencha.com with your MAC Address, Username, and License Key, and an offline license file will be generated for you!

If you need to "switch" a user, that is acceptable every 6 months. All you need to do is notify Architect.Feedback@sencha.com, and I can de-activate the extra user.

manasa26
9 Jul 2013, 9:22 PM
I need 40 digit Activation Code can u send to mail id My mail Id is manasa7585@gmail.com