PDA

View Full Version : Ext JS 3.1 FINAL Available

jack.slocum
21 Feb 2007, 9:45 AM
http://extjs.com/download

http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/

--

Edit: From now on, when there is a new build, I will post into this thread. The same link above will be the download.
Edit:
If you are viewing this thread for the first time, many of the posts in this thread are from old versions and don't apply to the current release.

This thread is here so anyone can subscribe to it and receive a "notification" when a new download is available. Please don't post bugs, questions or issues in this thread. Thanks!

To subscribe, click "Thread Tools" above this post and select "Subscribe to this thread".

Bobafart
21 Feb 2007, 11:29 AM
woah! you are awesome!

jack.slocum
21 Feb 2007, 3:03 PM
Revision 7 is up fixing numerous bugs.

jack.slocum
21 Feb 2007, 4:13 PM
Rev 8 is up. Last for the day I have to get some sleep!

Webnet
21 Feb 2007, 11:37 PM
Is there a total bug count as to how many bugs have been fixed in 1.0 to date?

jack.slocum
22 Feb 2007, 3:42 AM
Rev 9.

thameema
22 Feb 2007, 6:12 AM
hi Jack,

I am now confused after seeing your new website www.extjs.com (not ready yet) and it says your libraries are completely independent of YUI. If we use alpha, should we also need to import yahoo YUI libraries as we did before or just your libraries are enough. For example, I am using YUI for menu, context menu mixed with your libraries which has Tree and DnD. Please explain and point me to the documentation which has all the API methods listed. I am using your alpha documentation and I don't find Menu or MenuItem or Context Menu APIs.

Thanks,
Thameem

brian.moeskau
22 Feb 2007, 7:27 AM
If we use alpha, should we also need to import yahoo YUI libraries as we did before or just your libraries are enough.
Please see: http://www.jackslocum.com/manual/faq#if_i_use_ext_do_i_still_need_yahoo_ui_yui

Ext is not independent of YUI code-wise, it is simply being declared a full-fledged independent project, more than just an extension to YUI. It still relies on the core YUI utilities.

The main thing that has changed now is that as of 1.0, the YUI utilities are now bundled with Ext so that you don't necessarily need to go to Yahoo for anything if you only use Ext. However, if you need to use other YUI widgets, you should continue including them as normal.

jack.slocum
24 Feb 2007, 5:42 PM
Alpha 2 is up. I will be posting some info about it shortly.

jack.slocum
25 Feb 2007, 4:16 AM
Alpha 2 - Rev 2 with hotfix for drag drop and splitbar issues in IE

jack.slocum
25 Feb 2007, 10:07 AM
Rev 3 - This build has a few critical fixes and is a recommended upgrade.

trbs
25 Feb 2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks Jack !! The Alpha's are great !!

I just installed rev3 and i get the following error in Firebug:

[Exception... "Not enough arguments" nsresult: "0x80570001 (NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS)" location: "JS frame :: http://localhost/media/js/ext-1.0-alpha2/ext-all.js :: anonymous :: line 18" data: no]
http://localhost/media/js/ext-1.0-alpha2/ext-all.js
Line 18

Seems like tje error is somewhere in my (modified) EditorExample...
Anybody have a clue where to start looking ?

The error also exists in: ext-1.0-alpha2/examples/grid/edit-grid.html
Thanks Belgabor, see fix below (btw that's on line 18 char 1873 in ext-all.js)

jack.slocum
25 Feb 2007, 1:24 PM
Rev 4, Safari buttons fixed.

Belgabor
25 Feb 2007, 3:19 PM
Small bug in rev4. Line 1525 in ext-all-debug.js:
addEventListerner requires one more parameter
I added ", false" and everything seems to work ok.

cgp
25 Feb 2007, 3:30 PM
I don't think it can be said enough, this is incredible work Jack! Thank you! I'm getting more familiar with this framework everyday and I just keep getting more impressed the further I get into it.

Kudos and hopefully I will get a chance to contribute.

Arikon
26 Feb 2007, 1:53 AM
Ext doesn't work for me with jQuery adapter.

jQuery(el).offset is not a function (ext-jquery-adapter.js (line 10))
[Break on this error] if(typeof jQuery=="undefined"){throw "Unable to load Ext, jQuery not found.";}(f...
ext-jquery-adapte... (line 10)

Arikon
26 Feb 2007, 2:01 AM
Please, tell me, how to remove debug window, appering on dialogs show.

brian.moeskau
26 Feb 2007, 2:21 AM
I'm sure Jack will fix this in the next rev, but if you can't wait, add this line of code anywhere after including ext-all.js:

Ext.dump = function(){}
This will globally override the function that's showing the debug window. Be sure to remove this once it's fixed though.

jack.slocum
26 Feb 2007, 5:03 AM
Fixed various errors - see associated thread.

jack.slocum
28 Feb 2007, 11:44 AM
Rev 6 is up. Please see the associated "Easter Egg" post. :)

moktc
28 Feb 2007, 3:52 PM
Hi Jack

We started using your library a couple of days ago and it is a great library, not only is the component easily extensible, the documentation is great. We are really impressed as good documentation rarely comes with good libraries. We are embarking on the next project and is interested for find out the commerial support work. Can you contact me on my email?

Thank/

rtannert2
1 Mar 2007, 6:24 AM
When I saw the Easter egg reference I went to the new website (the "original" Easter egg) and saw the Intro to Ext page. Very nice job, Brian!

Joche
1 Mar 2007, 7:48 AM
I can't find the rev6 download. Is it the same as alpha2?

timb
1 Mar 2007, 7:58 AM
Hi Joche,

Yes, all revisions (i.e. Rev6) can be downloaded using the same link.

Regards,
Tim

albeva
2 Mar 2007, 2:53 AM
This is really and truly impressive. however I found a small bug.

In this debugger console (ctrl+shift+home AMAZING!) if you select a field in the property sheet and activate it (a textbox appears) and move a window then, the field stayes active and is fixed to old position.
http://www.vongodric.com/images/bug.png

anyway this is really great!

jay@moduscreate.com
2 Mar 2007, 5:37 AM
Just out of curiosity, what is this package now doing that Firefox CPU Spikes up to 80% for seconds even on a blank page w/ all of the includes? This is all local to a hub w/ just my laptop and linux machine. It takes seconds to render and allow me to highligh asdf - and i'm on a core duo processor :(

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>

</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<meta name="description" content="" />
<meta name="keywords" content="" />
</head>
<body>

<script src="/templates/js/ext/yui-utilities.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/templates/js/ext/ext-yui-adapter.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/templates/js/ext/ext-all.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/templates/js/custom/functs.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>

<link href="/templates/js/ext/resources/css/ext-all.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="/templates/css/mgbeta2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<div id="main_menu">

asdfs

</div>

</body>
</html>

maerteijn
2 Mar 2007, 5:47 AM
Did you run a profile test in firebug already to figure out what it could be?

jay@moduscreate.com
2 Mar 2007, 5:56 AM
No.

The great news is that it doesn't happen in ie 6. I'm using FF2.0.2

Also good news, it's not this release. It seems to be even in the existing yui and/or this browser. I don't remember this issue before and i'm a heavy extjs user.

it happens even when i go to jackslocum.com or yui-ext.com/docs section.

Thanks guys, sorry to raise any false alarms. :(

jay@moduscreate.com
2 Mar 2007, 5:59 AM
it's firebug. :( :shock:

jack.slocum
2 Mar 2007, 8:02 AM
Yep, FireBug causes the CPU spike in FF. I believe it could be going through the loaded JS?

jay@moduscreate.com
2 Mar 2007, 8:46 AM
Yes. It's doing that exactly.

I'm watching the devlopment of extjs.com :) Keep up the good work guys.

... i was wondering why the blog has been dormant for a while. ;)

jack.slocum
8 Mar 2007, 3:20 AM
Alpha 3 is up! See associated post.

rtannert2
8 Mar 2007, 3:28 AM
DnD is back in Safari. Thank you!

jack.slocum
8 Mar 2007, 4:42 AM
Sorry about that Rob. :)

Emergency Rev 2 is up with fix for typo DomQuery bug.

Frank
8 Mar 2007, 7:34 PM
Rev 8 is up. Last for the day I have to get some sleep!
there's a Chinese saying:Health is the capital of the revolution 身体是革命的本钱。
so never get too tired :)

seldon
9 Mar 2007, 2:42 AM
This newest release is awesome jack! The combobox is very nice! Again, great work!

ric
9 Mar 2007, 5:50 AM
It seems like the Grid.autoExpandColumn spikes the CPU. It might be due to a CSS rule. Is this a known issue?

If you want me to I can give you some more details and/or an example.

neongrau
9 Mar 2007, 6:10 AM
the cpu spikes seem to happen only with 0 records, as soon as i loaded some cpu was going back to normal, kinda somehow, my FF slowed down to a crawl the last 2 days while working with the new grid :roll:

soad
12 Mar 2007, 1:51 AM
I dowloaded this file:
http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/ext-1.0-alpha3.zip

But the comment says it's Alpha 3 Rev 1.

Where do I get Rev 2?

TIA

ricardo
12 Mar 2007, 12:24 PM
Hi Jack,

I'm looking forward to using Ext. I'm excited it works with jquery, yui and prototype. I've used both prototype and jquery.

However, I'm not heavily invested in any of those libraries jquery nor prototype. But I do know that I want to use Ext. I see Ext has overlap with jquery. For example, Ext.onReady(function(){}) is similar to jquery's $(function(){}). And also Ext.get() seems similar to jquery's $(). Then prototype has the $$ function which does similar stuff.

Anyways, now to my question. If I'm starting from scratch and I know for sure I want to use Ext. Which library adaptor should I choose?

Or maybe I can ask indirectly: Which combination has the smallest footprint? :wink:

Thanks a lot in advance

Animal
12 Mar 2007, 1:02 PM
You might consider what's readable.

"$" :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I'd never consider using a library like that in any of my projects.

kjordan
12 Mar 2007, 1:06 PM
Hi Jack,

I'm looking forward to using Ext. I'm excited it works with jquery, yui and prototype. I've used both prototype and jquery.

However, I'm not heavily invested in any of those libraries jquery nor prototype. But I do know that I want to use Ext. I see Ext has overlap with jquery. For example, Ext.onReady(function(){}) is similar to jquery's $(function(){}). And also Ext.get() seems similar to jquery's $(). Then prototype has the $$ function which does similar stuff.

Anyways, now to my question. If I'm starting from scratch and I know for sure I want to use Ext. Which library adaptor should I choose?

Or maybe I can ask indirectly: Which combination has the smallest footprint? :wink:

Thanks a lot in advance
YUI is of course the one that works the best with it right now, all others are basically experimental. As for smallest footprint, I don't know.

I agree with Animal, coming from prototype and having had a hack for the previous versions of Ext to incorporate the $, and now just using Ext.get, I much prefer writing it out. When I read code I tend to skip over shorthand all too easy.

ricardo
12 Mar 2007, 5:39 PM

Well I don't know if I did this correctly. But by looking at the examples and taking note of the .js files included as I switched libraries I noticed that Ext+YUI utilities has the smallest footprint. Followed by Prototype and then JQuery last. I sized the libraries in uncompressed forms.

Anyways, I imagine that Ext+YUI uses DomQuery which has the best performance. So that would be another point in favor.

Conclusion:

It looks like if I'm starting from scratch and I'm not heavily invested in JQuery nor Prototype then it makes sense to go Ext+YUI utilities because of the smallest fooprint and possibly best performance.

I know this is alpha and subject to change but here are my (rounded) numbers. Please let me know if I missed a file or think a file size is wrong. Also, jquery has its main library in compressed format which would decrease the size of jquery.js to 19kb and would make its footprint quite competitive.

JQuery Libraries (101 kb total):

56 kb: http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/ext-1.0-alpha3/jquery.js
34 kb: http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/ext-1.0-alpha3/jquery-plugins.js
11 kb: http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/ext-1.0-alpha3/ext-jquery-adapter.js

YUI Libraries (51 kb total):

42 kb: http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/ext-1.0-alpha3/yui-utilities.js
09 kb: http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/ext-1.0-alpha3/ext-yui-adapter.js

Prototype+Scriptaculous Libraries (84 kb total):

70 kb: http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/ext-1.0-alpha3/examples/prototype.js
02 kb: http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/ext-1.0-alpha3/examples/scriptaculous.js?load=effects
12 kb: http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/ext-1.0-alpha3/ext-prototype-adapter.js

jack.slocum
13 Mar 2007, 3:39 AM
Rev 3 is here! Please see associated thread.

jack.slocum
13 Mar 2007, 7:06 AM
Quick Rev 4 for Rev 3 bugs.

mbjarland
14 Mar 2007, 2:12 AM
[[ edit five minutes after I posted the below: sorry, first post - this should go into the 'feature requests' discussion ]]

A quick question. I have a working paging grid using XmlReader, HttpProxy, and your new getRowClass method. It all works great except for the following problem.

I need to pass extra parameters to the dataStore.load method (the below is a mockup, real params are a little involved):

dataStore.load({params:{start:0, limit:PAGE_SIZE, filterA:true, filterB:false}});

This works for the above (first) call. The problem here is that when you then hit the PagingToolbar buttons, the resulting data store calls are made behind the scenes by the PagingToolbar (code below from ext-all-debug.js):

onClick : function(which){
var ds = this.ds;
switch(which){
case "first":
ds.load({params:{start: 0, limit: this.pageSize}});
break;
case "prev":
ds.load({params:{start: Math.max(0, this.cursor-this.pageSize), limit: this.pageSize}});
break;
case "next":
ds.load({params:{start: this.cursor+this.pageSize, limit: this.pageSize}});
break;
case "last":
var total = ds.getTotalCount();
var extra = total % this.pageSize;
var lastStart = extra ? (total - extra) : total-this.pageSize;
ds.load({params:{start: lastStart, limit: this.pageSize}});
break;
case "refresh":
ds.load({params:{start: this.cursor, limit: this.pageSize}});
break;
}
}

and it seems that it is not possible to send in the filterA and filterB values or any other custom url params, so control is lost here. I can of course have server side params be generated by JSP/PHP etc and added to the data store URL on the server side, but then we lose control on the javascript side and it is not possible to dynamically modify the params without reloading the page. If we had a method "setLoadParams":

var pagingToolbar = new Ext.PagingToolbar(gridFoot, dataStore, {pageSize: PAGE_SIZE});
pagingToolbar.setLoadParms({ filterA: myValueA, filterB: myValueB });

it would solve the problem. You could then dynamically keep changing what the paging toolbar tells the datastore to retrieve. This leaves everything very flexible and open for custom functionality. The code for loadParams would simple:

Ext.extend(Ext.PagingToolbar, Ext.Toolbar, {
loadParams: '',
setLoadParams : function(params) {
this.loadParams = params;
},

and we would just have to change the ds.load calls in the PagingToolbar code above to add loadParams to the end of the existing params (start,limit,etc).

Thoughts?

Gerard Pastis
14 Mar 2007, 2:58 AM
Hi,

and it seems that it is not possible to send in the filterA and filterB values or any other custom url params, so control is lost here.
I met the same problem few days ago, and i found a solution:

ds.on('beforeload', function() {
ds.baseParams = {
filterA: myValueA,
filterB: myValueB
};
});
(With ds an Ext.data.Store).

Regards.

Gerard.

mbjarland
14 Mar 2007, 5:12 AM
I met the same problem few days ago, and i found a solution:

ds.baseParams = {
filterA: myValueA,
filterB: myValueB
};
});

Yup, missed that one. Works like a charm. Thanks!

ximo
14 Mar 2007, 7:13 AM
Fantastic work on Ext, can't wait to start taking advantage of this excellent library. I'm only somewhat hestitant to start developing on alpha code, I've noticed some API changes made already. So how much longer before we have the first beta? Should I wait for it, or can I start working with the alpha code?

Thanks, and keep it up! A donation will be on its way soon :)

JeffHowden
14 Mar 2007, 9:23 AM
Fantastic work on Ext, can't wait to start taking advantage of this excellent library. I'm only somewhat hestitant to start developing on alpha code, I've noticed some API changes made already. So how much longer before we have the first beta? Should I wait for it, or can I start working with the alpha code?

Thanks, and keep it up! A donation will be on its way soon :)

Some of us are already developing entire systems around the alpha code and making sure to update to the latest rev when it comes out and noting any bugs

jeffiel
15 Mar 2007, 10:29 AM
Re: autoExpandColumn spiking CPU mentioned earlier in this thread. I can confirm this behavior. Also, it's not solved by disabling firebug.

jeffiel
15 Mar 2007, 10:38 AM
mbjarland:

I do this currently, and yeah it's a little messy but you can do it. Keep a handle to the HttpProxy object when you create it. Then, when you need to modify the params, just change the connection's url with: proxy.getConnection().url = 'foo.php?param1=...'. Footer will work fine.

JeffHowden
15 Mar 2007, 11:05 AM
mbjarland:

I do this currently, and yeah it's a little messy but you can do it. Keep a handle to the HttpProxy object when you create it. Then, when you need to modify the params, just change the connection's url with: proxy.getConnection().url = 'foo.php?param1=...'. Footer will work fine.

Yowch! That's completely unnecessary. Simply attach a listender to the beforeload event and manipulate it there. For example, this is how I send custom sort info to the server along with any search string:

ds.baseParams = {
sort: cm.getIndexById(ds.sortInfo.field) * ((ds.sortInfo.direction.toUpperCase() == 'DESC') ? -1 : 1)
, search: search.getValue()
};
});

jeffiel
15 Mar 2007, 11:32 AM
Yowch! That's completely unnecessary.

Hi Jeff,

Yeah, yours is better. Now that I think about it, the reason i do it this way is because I already have a serialized url string. If I had name/value pairs not already serialized, I'm sure i'd do it the way you note.

LoneTiger
20 Mar 2007, 3:52 AM
Hi,

There seems to be a problem with Ext.dd.ScrollManager class. I have a BorderLayout with a Ext.tree.TreePanel in west holder. When I try to resize it fails at

_2[id]._region=_2[id].getRegion();

I might as well be doing something wrong but it's a very basic layout. I'm running Alpha3, Rev. 4

Thanks and stay the best

yogurtearl
20 Mar 2007, 6:59 AM
The API docs for Ext.form.ComboBox seem to be missing.

Michael

JeffHowden
20 Mar 2007, 12:36 PM
The API docs for Ext.form.ComboBox seem to be missing.

Michael

This is currently an alpha release. Much of the documentation hasn't been done yet.

vaintio
21 Mar 2007, 1:42 AM
First of all, Jack, thanks for your excellent library!

May be I missed something but I noticed strange behaviour after switching Alpha 2 <-> Alpha 3
Tab text just doesn't show up. Please point me to the right direction.

The code I use:

innerLayout = new Ext.BorderLayout(
layout.getEl().createChild({tag:'div', id:'BorderLayoutDiv'}) , {
north: {
split: false,
autoScroll: false,
collapsible: false,
titlebar: false
},
center: {
tabPosition : 'top',
autoScroll:true,
alwaysShowTabs:true
}
});

var tabname = 'Actual';
innerLayout.add('center',
panel = new Ext.ContentPanel(panelid,{autoCreate:true, title:tabname, fitToFrame:true})
);

panel.setTitle(panel.getTitle() + ' foo');
console.log(panel.getTitle());

in the console I see that tab name is set and changed. In the dom i see that name is set:

<span class=\"x-tabs-left\"><em class=\"x-tabs-inner\"><span unselectable=\"on\" title=\"Actual\" class=\"x-tabs-text\">Actual</span>[/i]</span>

It hapens Both on IE and Firefox (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070208 Iceweasel/2.0.0.2)

Jonathan Feinberg
21 Mar 2007, 7:34 AM
In the first post of this thread, you say you've uploaded revision 6 to the same alpha URL. But the source code of ext-all-debug says "Rev 4". Whom should I believe? :wink:

JeffHowden
21 Mar 2007, 9:26 AM
In the first post of this thread, you say you've uploaded revision 6 to the same alpha URL. But the source code of ext-all-debug says "Rev 4". Whom should I believe? :wink:

The current revision is alpha 3, revision 4. The revision 6 being talked about, I believe, is from alpha 2.

Jonathan Feinberg
21 Mar 2007, 9:29 AM
The current revision is alpha 3, revision 4. The revision 6 being talked about, I believe, is from alpha 2.
Ah, so. It might be good to edit the top post in this sticky to always reflect the current URL and the version to which it corresponds, if I may be so bold.

vtswingkid
21 Mar 2007, 10:11 AM
I second that! I am still on revision 4! heh I missed 5. On to 6

EDIT: Or is this 6 referring to alpha 2 rev 6?

tryanDLS
21 Mar 2007, 11:14 AM
A) This thread does get renamed every time the rev changes - the latest is alpha3 rev4.
B) The url in the 1st post in this thread always points to the latest release.

Jonathan Feinberg
21 Mar 2007, 11:17 AM
A) This thread does get renamed every time the rev changes - the latest is alpha3 rev4.
B) The url in the 1st post in this thread always points to the latest release.
Thanks for your reply. My concern is with the text of the first post, which contradicts its title.

tryanDLS
21 Mar 2007, 11:38 AM
Ok I changed that line - when that post was made originally A2R6 was the most currently release.

Jonathan Feinberg
21 Mar 2007, 11:42 AM
Ok I changed that line - when that post was made originally A2R6 was the most currently release.
Hmm. When I look at the top post in this thread, it still says "Starting with Alpha2- revision 6, which I just uploaded." This is the part that confused me initially.

Kigorw
30 Mar 2007, 6:45 AM
When will be the next revision?
I'm waiting for rows drag and drop feature reintroduced.
Thanks

seldon
1 Apr 2007, 3:38 PM
Congrats on the release Jack (& Ext-team) ! This is an important milestone in internet history!

jack.slocum
1 Apr 2007, 3:46 PM
Thank you very much Seldon. We are still working on it but we will get there soon. :)

kjordan
1 Apr 2007, 3:48 PM
Thank you very much Seldon. We are still working on it but we will get there soon. :)

What's been added to beta 1? It seems drag and drop works again in the examples, but what else has been changed/added?

jack.slocum
1 Apr 2007, 3:57 PM
We will be publishing a list soon. We are putting out website fires now. ;)

kjordan
1 Apr 2007, 4:58 PM
We will be publishing a list soon. We are putting out website fires now. ;)

Ah, those are always fun :D

Hmm, been a while since I was on a vBulletin board, looks like they use Yahoo smileys now.

mystix
1 Apr 2007, 5:36 PM
woah!!

gone for 3 days and Ext 1.0's launched!!!

congrats on the release jack! and kudos to you and the Ext website team on the beautiful site!!

tylzhuang
1 Apr 2007, 6:54 PM
hi jack ! you are greate!

dangerzone
1 Apr 2007, 8:22 PM
Once again jack.... Pure magic from you and your dev team ! congrads!

Arikon
10 Apr 2007, 10:20 PM
Jack,

For what date releasing of Beta 2 is scheduled?

Thank you.

jack.slocum
11 Apr 2007, 1:17 AM
Beta 2 is up!

leo.pfeifenberger
11 Apr 2007, 1:38 AM
Good News! Checking it out right now... Nice FeedViewer Migration, btw.

jack.slocum
15 Apr 2007, 8:25 PM
1.0 Final is up!

mystix
15 Apr 2007, 8:29 PM
WOOOHOOOOOO!! Download download download....=P~ :D

Skeleton
15 Apr 2007, 10:38 PM
1.0 Final is up!

At last :)

Congrats to you and the team behind this =D>

Herm
15 Apr 2007, 11:18 PM
Congratulations on getting to 1.0 Jack !=D>

Cheers,
Peter

mmjaeger
15 Apr 2007, 11:20 PM
I was just wondering whether I'm the only one missing jquery-plugins.js in the jquery adapter directory or am I doing something wrong.

thank you

manugoel2003
15 Apr 2007, 11:32 PM
Jack you should update the link to the file.... it is still pointing to the Beta 2 in the first post of this thread.... on the website it is ok

ximo
16 Apr 2007, 2:37 AM
Congratulations on the first "real" release! You've all done an amazing job on both the code and the whole shabang around it (website, legal issues, the userbase, the list goes on). Much much respect and thanks for that. Now, back to the Docs to learn ;)

mdelmarter
16 Apr 2007, 3:01 AM
I was just wondering whether I'm the only one missing jquery-plugins.js in the jquery adapter directory or am I doing something wrong.

I am missing this as well.

jack.slocum
16 Apr 2007, 3:15 AM
ximo, credit goes to Brian for many of those things. He has been documenting like a mad man, coordinating with the lawyers and many other things. Go Brian!

mdelmarter and mmjaeger,
You should grab the latest version of these libraries from their websites. They were only included to make beta testing easier. Do you you guys think we should always bundle them?

mmjaeger
16 Apr 2007, 3:44 AM
ximo, credit goes to Brian for many of those things. He has been documenting like a mad man, coordinating with the lawyers and many other things. Go Brian!

mdelmarter and mmjaeger,
You should grab the latest version of these libraries from their websites. They were only included to make beta testing easier. Do you you guys think we should always bundle them?

well, I guess you should might just want to bundle the necessary jquery plugins - the core is not necessary.

what plugins are needed by the way?

jack.slocum
16 Apr 2007, 4:05 AM
Dimensions and Form.

MrKurt
16 Apr 2007, 6:28 AM
I think bundling the jquery plugins would be good. jQuery's gotten a lot better lately, but when I was first using it there were no less than 4 form plugins in 4 different places.

jack.slocum
30 Apr 2007, 7:18 AM
Not sure if anyone still follows this thread - but 1.0.1 is up. :)

KimH
30 Apr 2007, 7:21 AM
We sure do! Thanks! B) =D>

heidtmare
30 Apr 2007, 8:30 AM
It might be better to make a fresh new locked thread so that people wont get confused about some of the comments that dont pertain to the newer version...

mystix
30 Apr 2007, 9:28 AM
woah... extellent as usual! thanks jack! :D

agree with heidtmare... a new stickied locked thread might be a good idea.

jack.slocum
1 May 2007, 5:38 AM
Hotfix 1.0.1a is up.

jack.slocum
4 Jun 2007, 3:26 AM
Bump - 1.1 beta 1 is up.

jack.slocum
29 Jun 2007, 2:07 AM
1.1 Beta 2 as promised. :)

jack.slocum
10 Jul 2007, 5:07 AM
Bump -1.1 RC1

jack.slocum
31 Jul 2007, 8:16 AM
1.1 is up.

jack.slocum
30 Aug 2007, 3:34 AM
1.1.1 was posted.

dantheman
30 Aug 2007, 7:44 AM
Is there any summary of what 1.1.1 fixes/improves upon?

--dan

jheid
30 Aug 2007, 7:48 AM
Is there any summary of what 1.1.1 fixes/improves upon?

--dan

Look here:
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=12097

jack.slocum
27 Sep 2007, 9:30 PM
Ext JS 2.0 Alpha 1 is up!

jack.slocum
10 Oct 2007, 2:20 PM
2.0 Beta 1. :D

jack.slocum
10 Oct 2007, 11:22 PM
Quick fix Beta 1a which fixes TreePanel destroy issue and ColumnLayout problem. Also includes the alpha1->beta1 change log.

jack.slocum
4 Nov 2007, 12:16 AM
2.0 RC1

jack.slocum
3 Dec 2007, 2:24 PM
2.0 is up!!

brian.moeskau
23 Jan 2008, 3:00 PM
2.0.1 is now available (http://extjs.com/download).

jack.slocum
25 Feb 2008, 6:35 AM
2.0.2 is now available.

jack.slocum
4 Aug 2008, 4:30 PM
2.2 is now available.

Release notes are here:
http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/CHANGES.html

jack.slocum
4 Aug 2008, 4:33 PM
2.2 is now available. Release notes are here:
http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/CHANGES.html

Animal
4 Aug 2008, 11:03 PM
Congratulations team! A whole load of goodness in this one.

Animal
4 Aug 2008, 11:06 PM
Some of the live tests linked to from the blog entry do not work for me on FF3 though... best fix them before the big press release.

Form not rendered: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/form/check-radio.html

TabPanel is not rendered: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/history/history.html

Tree is empty: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/tree/xml-tree-loader.html

mystix
4 Aug 2008, 11:08 PM
Some of the live tests linked to from the blog entry do not work for me on FF3 though... best fix them before the big press release.

Form not rendered: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/form/check-radio.html

TabPanel is not rendered: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/history/history.html

Tree is empty: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/tree/xml-tree-loader.html

worked fine for me first try. FF3.0.1.

try clearing your cache?

Animal
4 Aug 2008, 11:23 PM
Yes. Those three do not render at all on 3.0.1. but work fine on IE7.

Animal
4 Aug 2008, 11:24 PM
Disabling Firebug entirely fixes it.

mystix
4 Aug 2008, 11:27 PM
Disabling Firebug entirely fixes it.

Odd... I've got FB1.2.0b7 running on FF3.0.1 when i tried those links you posted... :-?

p.s. great job on the docs. i'm loving the 2.2 API offline air package!

jack.slocum
3 Feb 2009, 1:46 PM
For those subscribed to this thread, 2.2.1 is up.

jack.slocum
13 May 2009, 6:54 PM
Ext 3.0 RC1.1

aconran
2 Jul 2009, 8:54 AM
Ext JS 3.0 RC3 is now available.
Downloads: http://extjs.com/products/extjs/download.php
Examples: http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-3.0-rc3/examples/
Docs: http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-3.0-rc3/docs/

Ext JS 3.0 Final will be released on Monday.

aconran
6 Jul 2009, 4:32 PM
We are pleased to announce that Ext 3.0.0 is now available for download.
http://extjs.com/products/extjs/download.php

We are working on the official blog post to notify the general public. Some exciting new upcoming changes are:

A more rigorous release schedule ensuring quality builds
New Development practices separating trunk and patch branches
Bi-weekly patch builds for support subscribers
A QA Team to monitor changes in the source code and provide testing
A new cross platform build process
An executable doc application
A public SVN Commit log to see what changes are being made even if you don't have a support subscription